Status
Please reply by conversation.

BOBHUSKER

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 10, 2010
Northern California
Hello all,
I know there is no hack talk here so all I need is some help on how to hook up my used VCII Plus Descramber (came with no instructions) with my brand new Motorola 4DTV922 satellite receiver. I don't like removing screws without knowing what I am doing. If someone could direct me to a read me in this forum (I did search first), I would really appreciate it.

Good to meet you all. This looks like a great forum!! I am brand new to C-Band. I will try not to "Newby" you guys to death.
Thanks
Bob

welcome :wave to the forum

if I recall, there is no VCII programming that can be subscribed to so I dont think the board is even needed. Anything you want to subscribe to the DCII "board" (brain) in the 922 takes care of it. That is built in

You don't need the board, that was for analog subs, there are no analog subs offered to c-band home users anymore so don't put it in, it helps keep the 4d running cooler. I still have mine in my 4d to lazy to go back there to pull it out :)

Question? where did you find a new 4dtv?

Thanks Iceberg and TFTi1 for your comments. I got it cheap so it is no big deal. Not doing anything is nice and easy.

I bought it off of Ebay for $345.00 + $20.00 shipping.

I still have my old VCII module in just in case...:D Even though we can't sub, there are still a couple active VCII channels up there.

If you do remove it, just make sure the receiver is unplugged.

Mine is still in there because ESPN, ESPN2 and The Weather Channel still can go FA at any time so it's like a perk when they do :)

To Remove: Unplug unit, remove screws for cover & cover, grab 2 tabs on bottom of module, slide out, replace cover & screws, plug unit in wait for boot up and your done :)

I was at work when I read your comments. Now that I am home and ready to try, I am still a bit confused. Would it be OK for me to post a picture of the VCII module so you guys can see it?

Thanks. I just wanted to make sure. I don't understand how this big bulky unit will fit with my 4DTV922 receiver. I may have bought the wrong one. Let me know what you think.
Thanks!!

Attachments

• VCII Descrambler.jpg
    VCII Descrambler.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 340
That's a commercial VC-2 to hook that up you would go baseband out of the 922 to the descrambler then run A/V leads to your tv.

The VC-2 module for the 922 is the picture I'm attaching.

Attachments

• vc2 module.jpg
    vc2 module.jpg
    504.7 KB · Views: 261
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)