Manhattan Update 3.3 thread

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sounds very likely that it's just a paramter change in the code. Hope so ! :)

yep, considering when it's several audio under one program or one program for each audio, the number of channels written to memory is constant and repeatable (about 25 audio channels with one program defined; about 60 channels with one audio per program). That makes me think it's been coded to allow that maximum amount of channels to be saved on a scan.

A big Homer Simpson DOH!..... I knew all that crap.... But for some reason ever since this first came up, I was stuck looking and thinking about a regular radio "channel". Not thinking about the "language" button and the subchannels........ Sheese, time to up the brand of coffee.......... I must be getting old timers. :)

I use the channel editor to add things like this on the Solomend. I define a channel for every 3 APIDs I want to add and make sure the SID of the channel isn't the same as the one that scans in on the box or else that channel will be reset to the same limited selection of APIDs as the original the next time you do a scan. Say the one that scans in has a SID of 501. Add channels with SIDs of 502, 503, 504, etc. with each channel having the next 3 PIDs in the sequence.

In looking at the hex code of the channel list, I notice that on the channel that scans in, the audio PIDs are not defined like they are on the ones I add with the channel editor. I'm thinking the receiver looks up the audio PIDs available to the SID tuned in the PAT and stores the first 20 or so in RAM for selection. So, maybe you guys are right when thinking the Manhattan programmers could increase the storage allowed to include more PIDs per channel when tuned in.

A big Homer Simpson DOH!..... )

been there done that

But its weird that I can enter the CW channels on 91W with no issues but this radio channel I can't...
Pansat can do it just fine (both the 1500 & clone 2500)
GeoSat can do it just fine
azbox can do it just fine
my crappy Quantum DSR1500 that has a 10 transponder entry max can do it

yet the manhattan cant.....weird

version 3.4 is out - I don't see it posted on this site yet. I don't know what it fixes from version 3.3.

are you talking the AUTO resolution issue I have with my setup or with a button on the remote? I think I"ll try AUTO resolution once I upload 3.4 into my manhattan and see what that does (knowing in the worst case, I can do the workaround).

Bringing this one back up as its a new week and same issue

If someone has a hard drive set up can you run a test for me and see what results you get

Ever since I got the Manhattan I have tried to record the Montana football games (since it records HD fine normally and the azbox doesnt). When I try to play them back after a specific time (may be 10 seconds in, may be 2 minutes) the picture skips...as example I recorded a 5 minute segment and when I play it back at 1:45 it skips...it goes back to 1:43 and continually plays 1:43-1:45 then goes back. This is the only feed I've seen it on (all 3 or 4 weeks now). Sometimes it does it within 10 seconds of the beginning of the feed. If I FF past it a little bit later it will do it again.

Can someone verify it does it to them too?

This week its 85W 12111 V 13000..again logs as Truck I

It happening again all right. The interesting thing is that I'm also recording on the Solomend 800 and getting the same issue. Tsreader/VLC looks just fine on this feed.

Last edited:
The azbox records it fine. Recorded 15 minutes and not a blip

The Manhattan either does the skipping or you'll get audio and then the picture becomes pixelated for a second or two

I tried it again and when I played back I got a whole 12 seconds in before it screwed up and did the 1 second constant replay

I don't think it's the recording, because VLC plays back the recorded stream just fine. The Manhattan and Solomend can't seem to play back that recorded stream. :) Can you try playing back the stream recorded on the Manhattan, with the Azbox, and vice versa ? I think it's a playback issue.

More ammunition, I used Tsreader to RECORD the program, and then moved it to a usb stick. The Manhattan and Solomend 800 cannot play back this stream. They act the same way. I'm thinking some sort of copy protection, since there is a "private descriptor" in the stream, but I'm not smart enough to know. :)

Mistake in data read
More ammunition, I used Tsreader to RECORD the program, and then moved it to a usb stick. The Manhattan and Solomend 800 cannot play back this stream. They act the same way. I'm thinking some sort of copy protection, since there is a "private descriptor" in the stream, but I'm not smart enough to know. :)

I had a chance to view, record and analyze the signal on Saturday. No copy protection on this SCPC signal.

0x86 is a Caption Service descriptor and is not related to the video issue.

Attachments

• Truck1_Table.v1.JPG
    Truck1_Table.v1.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Mistake in data read

I had a chance to view, record and analyze the signal on Saturday. No copy protection on this SCPC signal.

0x86 is a Caption Service descriptor and is not related to the video issue.
The signal doesn't have a high enough bit rate to seem to be a problem, but nonetheless , the recording doesn't play back on either Manhattan or Solomend 800, though Tsreader has no problem. Another of Iceberg's little mysteries. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts