Manhattan Update 3.3 thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I tried it here on 4 different computers and a Mac and its working fine here. It tries sending me the project glass zip file. :)

i using firefox 7.01 with windows 7 this idm manager i am using will not let me down load from this site there is a key that i can set to let idm take over the download but is still not working.

i using firefox 7.01 with windows 7 this idm manager i am using will not let me down load from this site there is a key that i can set to let idm take over the download but is still not working.
You crazy techie guy ! :) I've updated my PC to a Phenom II bombshell, but stuck with Windows XP , so I wouldn't have those problems ! :)

Hi Guys,

I have been waiting for this firmware upgrade before updating my receiver. I chose to wait it out and did not upgrade to 3.2. This will be my first time updating the firmware on my Manhattan. Do I simply load the .ABS file onto a USB Stick, load it into the receiver and select the .ABS file from within the "Upgrade by USB" screen? Just want to make sure I don't mess up the receiver just when I get the software I was waiting for.

Many Thanks for your help.

Hi Guys,

I have been waiting for this firmware upgrade before updating my receiver. I chose to wait it out and did not upgrade to 3.2. This will be my first time updating the firmware on my Manhattan. Do I simply load the .ABS file onto a USB Stick, load it into the receiver and select the .ABS file from within the "Upgrade by USB" screen? Just want to make sure I don't mess up the receiver just when I get the software I was waiting for.

Many Thanks for your help.
Yup thats it, its that easy.

Such a nice update, you will be happy! I know I am!

Hi Guys, Do I simply load the .ABS file onto a USB Stick, load it into the receiver and select the .ABS file from within the "Upgrade by USB" screen?
and make sure the USB stick is FAT32 formatted. I didn't seem to have any luck with a NTFS formatted memory stick but did when I formatted that stick to FAT32.

Only load the "Product_glass" .ABS file. If you never updated since May firmware, then a stick formatted in FAT32 is needed. Unzip the file, copy the update to the usb, insert usb and go to "Tools" then "upgrade by USB. Receiver will flash, and reboot. You will need to reload your sats. The upgrade will let you save that from now on and be able to reload your data to future upgrades. Have a great day!

and make sure the USB stick is FAT32 formatted. I didn't seem to have any luck with a NTFS formatted memory stick but did when I formatted that stick to FAT32.

same here....anything not formatted in Fat32 wont work even though I know its loaded on the stick

Wow, the help desk is busy today!
I am at 3.2, what steps would I take to save my channels, sats, and settings, load new FW, then bring those settings back in.

Wow, the help desk is busy today!
I am at 3.2, what steps would I take to save my channels, sats, and settings, load new FW, then bring those settings back in.

Go to the USB area and hit "dump to USB". Then find user database in the dump list by arrowing over. Dump the user info. Box will tell you it is done. Then load the update file. Then go back and load the user data that you saved. Done! Have a great day!

a couple of questions:

1) Does anyone know if the database format has remained the same for the last several months? I want to try my hand at the channel editor. When I was on version 3.2, I did a "user db" dump to the USB stick and upgraded to version 3.3. I downloaded the channel editor and I noticed the date in the editor filename seem quite a bit older than all the public firmware versions I'm aware of for the Manhattan and it is a concern to me that the database format may have been tweaked and that the channel editor's output db file may not be compatible with the Manhattan's version 3.3 firmware when I go to upload the "user db" to it.

2) Why is there an inconsistency with the info screens with the USB stick present and not present? Intentional? I did my version 3.3 upgrade, I saw a cool new lower third when I hit the INFO button. I hit the INFO button again and got some record screen. I figured that might be because my USB stick was still attached to the receiver and I safely disconnected the USB stick. The INFO button lower third then changed to a different version (not so cool appearance/info) and the second INFO button gave me the screen I had been lookign for all along (the S/Q and the new modulation type/FEC info). I don't know how to get to that S/Q/format/FEC screen when a USB stick is attached but I don't use my manhattan as a PVR _yet_ so it's not a showstopper to me to have to get to the more informative INFO screen without a USB drive present. I would have thought the INFO button screens would have looked similar no matter if there was a USB stick included or not and the record info woudl be found with the RECORD button keypress or through the menus.

3) Any plans to add video codec, audio codec, video resolution info in a future firmware to maybe the first lower-third INFO button keypress in a way similar to the openbox? That's the big thing of the openbox that I miss having in my manhattan.

1) I know that the posted editor does not accurately reflect the Diseqc switch state, but I've recently used the Editor to edit the sat positions, and that went without a hitch.

2) The info screen inconsistency is, I believe, only a factor when the TimeSHIFT feature is turned on, which it IS by default. If you turn off the time shift, I believe you'll get the info screen back.

3) The video resolution IS displayed except in the 480i instance. Get on a HD channel and you'll see it.

All I know but keep those suggestions coming in. :) Keep Jeff Schumann's programmer busy !

a couple of questions:

1) Does anyone know if the database format has remained the same for the last several months? I want to try my hand at the channel editor. When I was on version 3.2, I did a "user db" dump to the USB stick and upgraded to version 3.3. I downloaded the channel editor and I noticed the date in the editor filename seem quite a bit older than all the public firmware versions I'm aware of for the Manhattan and it is a concern to me that the database format may have been tweaked and that the channel editor's output db file may not be compatible with the Manhattan's version 3.3 firmware when I go to upload the "user db" to it.

2) Why is there an inconsistency with the info screens with the USB stick present and not present? Intentional? I did my version 3.3 upgrade, I saw a cool new lower third when I hit the INFO button. I hit the INFO button again and got some record screen. I figured that might be because my USB stick was still attached to the receiver and I safely disconnected the USB stick. The INFO button lower third then changed to a different version (not so cool appearance/info) and the second INFO button gave me the screen I had been lookign for all along (the S/Q and the new modulation type/FEC info). I don't know how to get to that S/Q/format/FEC screen when a USB stick is attached but I don't use my manhattan as a PVR _yet_ so it's not a showstopper to me to have to get to the more informative INFO screen without a USB drive present. I would have thought the INFO button screens would have looked similar no matter if there was a USB stick included or not and the record info woudl be found with the RECORD button keypress or through the menus.

3) Any plans to add video codec, audio codec, video resolution info in a future firmware to maybe the first lower-third INFO button keypress in a way similar to the openbox? That's the big thing of the openbox that I miss having in my manhattan.

As far as question number 2 is concerned....
When a receiver is flashed, it sets the dvr a certian way. The "timeshift" function is on by default. That is why you see the change in the function of the info button. To change that, go to the DVR settings and turn that feature off. Then it don't make any difference weather a stick or drive is plugged in or not. The info screen will be back to "normal".

I havn't had the time to play with the editor. Maybe someone else has and can explain the function of it. I plan on fooling around with it in the next couple of weeks. Sorry I can't help you with the editor yet. That said, the editor has been around since 2007 so to me it is no suprise there are discrepencies.

Now about question 3.
May I ask what the importance of the codec info? Either the box will play it, or VLC player will play it on your computer. I'm just being stupid here. Help me understand so I can learn. All the receivers that I have had have not displayed the codec info. You say the openbox does. But my question is what good does it serve besides being eye candy? Right now we see FEC, Symbol rate, audio type ( like dolby or AAC), Modulation, and the video resolution. That info pretty much fills up the screen. But if the codec info is something that everyone says is a "must have", I'm sure that it could be looked into as Jeff wants this receiver to be the best it can.
Have a great day! :)

Video codec as in H.264, MPEG-2, MPEG-1 is what he means. If Audio codec is displayed, why not video codec? ;)

i would like to add my 2 cents as well. The new file is exactly what I was looking for, the only main issue I have is when the receiver changes from sd to hd or hd to sd channel, there is a split second of glitch as it changes between the different video resolutions. Now that the manhattan, in my opinion, is basically at the same level as the openbox the price of the unit needs to be lowered in order to stay competitive.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts