New Software Update Tonight! (Version 00.05.68)

Mr. Biggles said:
Yuck! I didn't check my movie channels this morning, only watched HDNet News....if I come home and see this later, the word pissed will be an understatement.

Who do they have as engineers that are verifying these updates? Moe, Larry and Curly or what?!?!

I am willing to bet there are a lot of folks with this problem. :( The complaints about this are starting to come in here, and on Yahoo. Houston we have a big problem!

800-GET-VOOM IS OFF LINE! MUST VISIT WEBSITE TO GET HELP! THEY HAVE A HUGE PROBLEM ON THEIR HANDS!!!!!!

download is over 70 minutes now

GeneWildershair said:
I am willing to bet there are a lot of folks with this problem. :( The complaints about this are starting to come in here, and on Yahoo. Houston we have a big problem!

Mine seems to be doing this a little less often now, but still there.

GeneWildershair,
Could you switch to DVI and see if it happens on DVI too.
Unfortunately I cannot verify this problem myself, as I am only subscribing to HBO, and it looked fine this morning. All other premium channels have been deactivated for me as of this morning. The free preview is over, I guess...

Ilya said:
GeneWildershair,
Could you switch to DVI and see if it happens on DVI too.
Unfortunately I cannot verify this problem myself, as I am only subscribing to HBO, and it looked fine this morning. All other premium channels have been deactivated for me as of this morning. The free preview is over, I guess...

It is happening for me on DVI and component.

The black outs are worse for me, I'm using DVI, but have tried component and still have the problem. Rollback!!!!!

Cyre,
Thats what happened to me. After a system reset and a reset by holding the power button down it went to normal.

Carbo said:
Cyre,
Thats what happened to me. After a system reset and a reset by holding the power button down it went to normal.
And give it 5-10 minutes after the reboot before you start switching channels. The Program Guide seems to load faster if you don't touch your remote...

Ilya said:
And give it 5-10 minutes after the reboot before you start switching channels. The Program Guide seems to load faster if you don't touch your remote...

Thanks! Unfortunately, I am work, so I have to wait until this evening....

I did not get the last update, so I don't really know this answer. What is a good Signal Noise Ratio? Mine is like 15.5. Good, Bad, Ugly?

Posted by Wilt at Yahoo...

Yeah, well, this feels like Uplink, or turnaround, issues rather than code.
I doubt that code would change in repeat cycle like that, feels a lot more like interference or a bad piece of combiner gear.
We're watching for it.
Thanks,
Wilt

Here's another one from Wilt (source=Yahoo Group).

Yup, I've seen it. I think it's the uplink/turnaround facility, it *really* doesn't look like code. Looks to me like a frame slip and then a recovery--sort of like a house sync or switcher.
We're chasing it down.
Thanks,
Wilt

digideal said:
800-GET-VOOM IS OFF LINE! MUST VISIT WEBSITE TO GET HELP! THEY HAVE A HUGE PROBLEM ON THEIR HANDS!!!!!!

download is over 70 minutes now

i know your feeling, I'm having the exact same problem as you. my download counter is over 300 minutes when I checked a while ago.

Hammer

If it was coming at 4:45am it should have been completed by 7am when I first tried tuning in. And if I reset then again the download should have taken 20-25 minutes according to the CSR. I left the screen on for hours and hours and still nothing. Voom said they set up a service call but what can they do? They know less about this stuff than I do.
For whatever reason, the install of the software took longer than usual on your box. Resetting the box does interrupt the process. As had been said before, if something went wrong with the software update, it won't be fixed until the download is offered again tomorrow morning.

According to Wilt, software is no longer offered on the satellite. If you haven't got it all on your box now, you won't get it until tomorrow morning. After the problem is fixed tomorrow morning, call VOOM and have them credit your account for at least one day of service. You shouldn't be paying for service you are not getting.

Yikes...my STB is unplugged completly and not in use since last night at 11PM EST. This is because of me moving the whole setup for the construction of my wall unit. What will happen when I plug it back in? Will it download the new software? Will it work? WHAT???
OK freaking out over...anyone know?

The software will be pushed again tonight. Your STB should still work just fine. Make sure you have it connected tonight so that you can get the new update.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts