Newbie needs guidance!

I thought the 5g filters helped with most problems? Guess I'm wrong or misunderstood. Man that stinks...so what's the next thing to do if not c-band?
The filters help with the 5G interference. The problem will be when C band is limited to 10 transponders in 2024. Every satellite will have to use the same frequencies and adjacent satellite interference will make smaller dishes obsolete on C band.

Not trying to discourage you,just advising not to spend a lot of money on a dish.

The filters help with the 5G interference. The problem will be when C band is limited to 10 transponders in 2024. Every satellite will have to use the same frequencies and adjacent satellite interference will make smaller dishes obsolete on C band.

Not trying to discourage you,just advising not to spend a lot of money on a dish.
Oh wow, I better take the time to research this before investing since if I can't get a used dish somewhere its going to be an expensive hobby fast at todays prices of new dishes. Thank you all for that info it will save me in the long run. Just a question??? What's going to happen with the hobby of FTA when this happens? Is it just going to fade away like so many things that have been an opportunity for the small guy to get technical enjoyment? I mean just like 4 months ago I had to get out of crypto mining for extra income due to the crash and now I'm stuck with 40k in testing equipment and miners and supplies. Man its getting almost impossible to make a few spare bucks in retirement or even save a few for that matter. Maybe I'm just bitching but its getting harder and harder with big brother making all the cash and having all the fun! LOL!

Reactions: Captain Midnight
Oh wow, I better take the time to research this before investing since if I can't get a used dish somewhere its going to be an expensive hobby fast at todays prices of new dishes. Thank you all for that info it will save me in the long run. Just a question??? What's going to happen with the hobby of FTA when this happens? Is it just going to fade away like so many things that have been an opportunity for the small guy to get technical enjoyment? I mean just like 4 months ago I had to get out of crypto mining for extra income due to the crash and now I'm stuck with 40k in testing equipment and miners and supplies. Man its getting almost impossible to make a few spare bucks in retirement or even save a few for that matter. Maybe I'm just bitching but its getting harder and harder with big brother making all the cash and having all the fun! LOL!
Well after having my first cup of coffee and typing that last message, I went out and fired up the satellite setup and directed the dish back from sat 125 to 97w and guess what. It almost pulls the channels in. It registers over 30 on startup but quality is not there so no picture but I'm real close. That's a good thing since in a few hours its going to rain and I rather not spend another afternoon getting drenched. So i guess that's a great start for the day. Hope you guy's day starts as a good one also.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Well after having my first cup of coffee and typing that last message, I went out and fired up the satellite setup and directed the dish back from sat 125 to 97w and guess what. It almost pulls the channels in. It registers over 30 on startup but quality is not there so no picture but I'm real close. That's a good thing since in a few hours its going to rain and I rather not spend another afternoon getting drenched. So i guess that's a great start for the day. Hope you guy's day starts as a good one also.
Ok, I think I spoke too soon! LOL! I think I'm on another sat? Does anyone know what sat has k-love radio? Thanks for any info.

Captain Midnight,

“The problem will be when C band is limited to 10 transponders in 2024. Every satellite will have to use the same frequencies”

This is the first I’ve heard of this…

John

What frequency is K-love coming in on? 11705? That is 101w then. Just spin the MOTOR a few degrees EAST. Leave everything else alone. IF you are sure the dish is centered on the motor shaft that is.
I'm running another scan... will let you know in a few minutes.

here's a screen shot.

Attachments

• IMG_20221127_092206590_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221127_092206590_HDR.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 63
I have to bump the whole rig up a tad and search again since this is what I got this time.

Attachments

• IMG_20221127_102624007.jpg
    IMG_20221127_102624007.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20221127_102927699.jpg
    IMG_20221127_102927699.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 61
I rasied the whole rig almost 10 degrees and I still hit the same sat! Arghhhhh.... LOL! I'm going to up it 5 more and see what happens.

Look on the tvrosat.com site for sat. charts.
There is a channel search option to help the 'wtf's' for 'what sat am I on?'.
Another handy thing to look at while there is the footprint/dish size/signal strength.
At least on my 12 footer, some ku sats cover a wide degree sweep.
So choosing a transponder with less signal percentage might help zero in your dish.

Well I ried again and hit the same one... What a pain in the butt. i have to take a break for a half hour and go up again and try.