Newbie needs guidance!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
LOL! Wow....boy do I need to learn a ton of stuff! LOL! Well spent the day remounting everything to the roof and got it as perfect as I could get with two levels. . I re-installed the dish and started to search for 97w and I started to get a signal before I quit. My back was killing me. Tomorrow I will continue and thanks again all with the help, coaching and suggestions.

LOL! Wow....boy do I need to learn a ton of stuff! LOL! Well spent the day remounting everything to the roof and got it as perfect as I could get with two levels. . I re-installed the dish and started to search for 97w and I started to get a signal before I quit. My back was killing me. Tomorrow I will continue and thanks again all with the help, coaching and suggestions.

I'd be getting me a pole in a bucket of concrete to toy with on the ground, then take it up to the roof for final installation. My first install was on a roof, never again. I had a low pitch but I never like the transition from the roof, back down the ladder.
I know Capn'. It's Florida. Jet in a pipe with a garden hose down its gullet.

• Haha
Reactions: Comptech
I know Capn'. It's Florida. Jet in a pipe with a garden hose down its gullet.
Good Morning guy's. I have a strange problem, when I go to log into this site on my main computer I get "Forbidden" and can't access the site but if I use any other I am fine. Any ideas?... Back to my install, I spent over 5 hours last night and finally hit 97w. I did a " light" tightening of the dish but held off to today to snug it down since I was exhausted and just wanted to get off the roof. After I set it today I am going to try another satellite to see if its working correctly. Any suggestions on my next satellite? Thanks again for any help and/or suggestions.

Thank you mike for the detailed guide. Its been everything you have been telling me but nice to see it all laid out on paper. Like I said in the last post I hit the sat last night so today I VERY! carefully adjust for best signal and do the final bolt down. Evenly and nicely as Mike has instructed!. I'll let everyone know how it goes this morning.

Reactions: primestar31
Good Morning guy's. I have a strange problem, when I go to log into this site on my main computer I get "Forbidden" and can't access the site but if I use any other I am fine. Any ideas?... Back to my install, I spent over 5 hours last night and finally hit 97w. I did a " light" tightening of the dish but held off to today to snug it down since I was exhausted and just wanted to get off the roof. After I set it today I am going to try another satellite to see if its working correctly. Any suggestions on my next satellite? Thanks again for any help and/or suggestions.
I had the same issue with this site on Friday. I took a screen shot and reported it here in the "Site Issues" thread. For me the solution was to clear the browser's history (Firefox in my case).
I don't know why, but it worked.

As for which satellite to try next, you could try commanding your receiver to move the motor west a little and see if you can pickup 99W.

But as they say "too many cooks spoil the broth", so if I were you I would wait and see what Mike ( primestar31 ) recommends. He has given you excellent advice so far.

I had the same issue with this site on Friday. I took a screen shot and reported it here in the "Site Issues" thread. For me the solution was to clear the browser's history (Firefox in my case).
I don't know why, but it worked.

As for which satellite to try next, you could try commanding your receiver to move the motor west a little and see if you can pickup 99W.

But as they say "too many cooks spoil the broth", so if I were you I would wait and see what Mike ( primestar31 ) recommends. He has given you excellent advice so far.
I will try that fix on my laptop. I will also wait for some feedback on the next step. Its going to be hard enough just super fine tuning the dish and locking it in. Thank you for your feedback and have a great Sunday!

Thanks N6BY.... your fix did the trick. I have great news....i was able to get to 99.2W no problem and got 208 channels. Wow. I am happy as a pig in____! I need to take a break for now but will be back at it in about an hour. The dish ran smoothly with a hiccup. All you guy's are great for helping me and putting up with my newbie crap! LOL! I'll update in a few!

Reactions: SDA_FL_USA
Thanks N6BY.... your fix did the trick. I have great news....i was able to get to 99.2W no problem and got 208 channels. Wow. I am happy as a pig in____! I need to take a break for now but will be back at it in about an hour. The dish ran smoothly with a hiccup. All you guy's are great for helping me and putting up with my newbie crap! LOL! I'll update in a few!
What kind of channels did you find on 99? are they viewable?

I spoke too soon. Its seems as my dish did not turn because I didnt put the usals data in for each satellite. Stupid me was running back and forth from the house to see if the dish turn and it took a few to figure out something was up! LOL!

I didnt put the usals data in for each satellite
USALS is automatically calculated from you entering your latitude and longitude. There's NO NEED to "put in usals data for each satellite". It also ONLY works IF the dish and motor is setup correctly and properly aimed.

Are you SURE you are using USALS, or did you switch to Diseqc 1.2 positioning? That would require saving data for each satellite

USALS is automatically calculated from you entering your latitude and longitude. There's NO NEED to "put in usals data for each satellite". It also ONLY works IF the dish and motor is setup correctly and properly aimed.

Are you SURE you are using USALS, or did you switch to Diseqc 1.2 positioning? That would require saving data for each satellite
Hi Mike. I didn't know that info. I'll put it back on usals since I'm lazy and don't want to input each sat! LOL!

Ok have usals on check settings...ok I wanted to go to 8w and screen said dish moving.... then after 5 minutes it showed transponders then channels but the dish did not move from the 97w spot!

If you really mean 8W, that's going to be really low in the sky (and I don't even know if they have anything beamed to North America). Still, the receiver should've tried to turn the motor east til it hit the limit, not stay on 97W.

I don't know where to tell you to look for the USALS settings for your satellite list because I've never used your receiver.

When you select usals and then press the remote button the settings pop up what would be a good couple of satellites to test movement and reception in your opinion?

When you select usals and then press the remote button the settings pop up what would be a good couple of satellites to test movement and reception in your opinion?
USALS can only do about 60 degrees of arc. 87W would be the lowest that has something you might want. 125W is likely the highest. IF you can get those, then we can talk about maybe getting some extremes.

USALS can only do about 60 degrees of arc. 87W would be the lowest that has something you might want. 125W is likely the highest. IF you can get those, then we can talk about maybe getting some extremes.
Great, Thank you. I'll give'm a try a post the results in a few.

103w is not far from 97w it has NHK on Tp 12145 V 20000 3/4
I get my OTA locals with my receiver and stream everything though kodi.
Have a few satellite dish's fixed in place i've never setup a motor sorry can't help with that.

Attachments

• screenshot00000.png
    screenshot00000.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 71