Newbie needs guidance!

Ok I gave up on the gtmedia gtplayer combo receiver and broke out the first receiver I bought and never used and its the Amiko mini 4k uhd s2x. I'll mess with this for a few more hour then quit for the night. The problem I was having is It was not going back from 103w to 97w even when it said the motor was moving...I gave up before I smashed it then I remembered this receiver. I'll let you know how it goes in the am.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Make sure you are setting YOUR Latitude and Longitude properly.

Thanks N6BY.... your fix did the trick. I have great news....i was able to get to 99.2W no problem and got 208 channels. Wow. I am happy as a pig in____! I need to take a break for now but will be back at it in about an hour. The dish ran smoothly with a hiccup. All you guy's are great for helping me and putting up with my newbie crap! LOL! I'll update in a few!
You might be On 97W but guess you are picking up 103 radio channels

OK, This is not fun any more...been going 7 hrs now. Seems as if the dish is not moving. Seems this amiko receiver is junk and am going back to the gtmedia. I am so fustrated! LOL!

Let me rephrase that, 200 TV channels could be 97W, my guess is you hit 103W with all the radio channels, can you give some examples of the channels scanned?

Sorry. Butting in again. Is your coax old or new and are the F connectors new and bright and shiny including the center conductor? You've got to be able to get some pixies to the dish motor to make it move. The LNBF doesn't take much to make it operate.

Sorry. Butting in again. Is your coax old or new and are the F connectors new and bright and shiny including the center conductor? You've got to be able to get some pixies to the dish motor to make it move. The LNBF doesn't take much to make it operate.
All brandy new stuff.

Ok check this out...I got aggrevated and clicked on 4 sats and its is now moving and downloading channels up the wazoo...why now and not one sat at a time?

I spoke too soon. Got the server channels back and it seems there was a ton of music but I cant get off this sat and back to 97w...LOL.. I think I need a few drinks!

I spoke too soon. Got the server channels back and it seems there was a ton of music but I cant get off this sat and back to 97w...LOL.. I think I need a few drinks!
Sounds to me like your motor might have a problem. You need to get the receiver right up to the roof by the motor. Use a short different length of coax to go to the motor, and move it while up there. That's a good test.

However, this all assumes you have it hooked up correctly. Just to confirm, the coax goes OUT the back of the receiver, straight to the motor, and then a short jumper goes from the other side of the motor, to the lnb? Yes? How long is the run of coax?

Or is there a switch or something in the middle?

Reactions: FTA4PA
No I did not install anything in between. It is hooked up correctly. I might check the cable tomorrow. They are all new but you never know.

No I did not install anything in between. It is hooked up correctly. I might check the cable tomorrow. They are all new but you never know.
Hate to say this, but some of the USALS motors get "stuck" and refuse to move randomly due to issues with the motors themselves. The best test is to be right up by the motor with the receiver, while moving it to make sure nothing bad is going on with it. Otherwise you might be spinning your wheels without knowing it's 100% fine.

Hate to say this, but some of the USALS motors get "stuck" and refuse to move randomly due to issues with the motors themselves. The best test is to be right up by the motor with the receiver, while moving it to make sure nothing bad is going on with it. Otherwise you might be spinning your wheels without knowing it's 100% fine.
maybe this is the problem: The motor is a diseqc h-h motor. Its the technomate tm-2300m3. Could this be it?

maybe this is the problem: The motor is a diseqc h-h motor. Its the technomate tm-2300m3. Could this be it?
I don't know, but it's a possibility. That's why you need to prove it's 100% fine or not, by being right up there and watching it when trying to move it. You can see and hear if there's issues.