Newbie needs guidance!

yes but should I be using usals or go back to diseqc?
USALS of course. But that only works if you've entered your latitude and longitude as stated. Make sure that's STILL correct, and didn't somehow wipe back to zero. Oh, and make sure you've entered it in WEST hemisphere notation, not EAST. Not sure how it is in that receiver, so you'll have to check the manual.

USALS of course. But that only works if you've entered your latitude and longitude as stated. Make sure that's STILL correct, and didn't somehow wipe back to zero. Oh, and make sure you've entered it in WEST hemisphere notation, not EAST. Not sure how it is in that receiver, so you'll have to check the manual.
Ahhh thats were I messed up

OK, been back on this since 3am. I think the motor is toast. I am going to swap out the cables just to make sure there is a bad connection causing voltage loss. After that I'm tossing the motor ($200 down the drain) and reevaluating my hobby here. 1500 bucks and about a hundred hours at least into it and one fall from the ladder makes me an unhappy camper!

OK, The sun came up and so did I on my roof and are you folks ready to have a good chuckle this morning? Well it seems my torture was with my cables. I have a dual lnb and I made up the wires with the same material and its both white. I have one cable from the lnb straight to the house where as the other one goes to the motor and back to the house. Well this polock was using the wrong line to the receiver the whole frigging time! LMAO! It just makes me want to puke!

Tell me about it.... I've had no sleep and my wife wants to divorce me! LOL! What are you going to do about it....I have to laugh cause I already cried!

Well. You'se guy, you! You're stressin' us out too! Classic noob, user error. Or just plain 1d10T errors.
Sharpie, different color connectors, tape. A Band Aid. To mark your cables. For God sake's man. Get a multimeter at least. And keep good batteries in it! A methodical approach abandoned up to this point.
But, you got it! I guess you proved you cant just slap it up, plug it in, and look at the sky and pray. Huh?!

Your one comment of. And I quote.
"Ok check this out...I got aggrevated and clicked on 4 sats and its is now moving and downloading channels up the wazoo...why now and not one sat at a time?"
Exactly. Why not one sat at a time? Isolate the menu functions and digest them in your CPU.
It seems like you should be able to tell the chinabox (non-Enigma 2) receiver to steer over to any particular satellite and at least look for a signal. Or go to one and scan only it.
But...don't feel bad. It took a very short while for me to learn to not use automatic scan for manual scan on my rig.

Man. That Robbie on 'tube is a bumbling fool. If he can do it. We surely can. Kirk out on that one.
And for chrissakes. Don't smash anything in frustration.
I want someone's borked USALS motor to play with. Good gear train, not a rust bucket, and electronics not a hunk of baked epoxy and semiconductors. Box it up. Tell me how much the shipping is. Send it!

Haha. You got me all riled up. I've been scanning ku sats across the face of the universe for you finding the hottest transponders on different sats. Vertical AND horizontal (for skew tweaking).
Seriously though. Head over to tvrosat.com and look at the satellite charts.
Some are dated. But look at the signal expected in percentge and click to look at a footprint. Satbeams gives the same kinda' stuff. DO expect to scan in a lot more transponders and channels than are listed.

Oh yeah. I lived in Fl. so long I know you don't go to the local redneck bar and sit back facing the door.
And if they invite you to church the next town over the next morning. It could be that your county doesn't open the bars until 1pm. But Sumter county bars open at 7am. Yes-sir-ree-bob. There's your "church" mister!
You need at least 1.....2 or 3 is better.....clothes pins....on the gas line at the carb to stop vapor lock.
A water sprinkler on the trailer roof in the summer (it's Always summer in Fl.) keeps it 20 degrees cooler inside.
And don't ferget the tin ferl on the sunny-side winders.
Haha. Forget shining up the golf cart today and grab a cold kurrs and enjoy the comfortability of yore La-zee-boy covered in "vah-loo-ah".
Yes sir. Floral City in Citrus County. Where it's one kinda' felony gettin' caught with a live gator. And another kinda' felony gettin caught with a dead un. That's why we tape 'em up until we get the airboat back to the double-wide!

Hey. We're here if you need help. You needed some relaxin'!!

Well. You'se guy, you! You're stressin' us out too! Classic noob, user error. Or just plain 1d10T errors.
Sharpie, different color connectors, tape. A Band Aid. To mark your cables. For God sake's man. Get a multimeter at least. And keep good batteries in it! A methodical approach abandoned up to this point.
But, you got it! I guess you proved you cant just slap it up, plug it in, and look at the sky and pray. Huh?!

"Ok check this out...I got aggrevated and clicked on 4 sats and its is now moving and downloading channels up the wazoo...why now and not one sat at a time?"
Exactly. Why not one sat at a time? Isolate the menu functions and digest them in your CPU.
It seems like you should be able to tell the chinabox (non-Enigma 2) receiver to steer over to any particular satellite and at least look for a signal. Or go to one and scan only it.
But...don't feel bad. It took a very short while for me to learn to not use automatic scan for manual scan on my rig.

Man. That Robbie on 'tube is a bumbling fool. If he can do it. We surely can. Kirk out on that one.
I want someone's borked USALS motor to play with. Good gear train, not a rust bucket, and electronics not a hunk of baked epoxy and semiconductors. Box it up. Tell me how much the shipping is. Send it!

Haha. You got me all riled up. I've been scanning ku sats across the face of the universe for you finding the hottest transponders on different sats. Vertical AND horizontal (for skew tweaking).
Some are dated. But look at the signal expected in percentge and click to look at a footprint. Satbeams gives the same kinda' stuff. DO expect to scan in a lot more transponders and channels than are listed.

Oh yeah. I lived in Fl. so long I know you don't go to the local redneck bar and sit back facing the door.
And if they invite you to church the next town over the next morning. It could be that your county doesn't open the bars until 1pm. But Sumter county bars open at 7am. Yes-sir-ree-bob. There's your "church" mister!
You need at least 1.....2 or 3 is better.....clothes pins....on the gas line at the carb to stop vapor lock.
A water sprinkler on the trailer roof in the summer (it's Always summer in Fl.) keeps it 20 degrees cooler inside.
Haha. Forget shining up the golf cart today and grab a cold kurrs and enjoy the comfortability of yore La-zee-boy covered in "vah-loo-ah".
Yes sir. Floral City in Citrus County. Where it's one kinda' felony gettin' caught with a live gator. And another kinda' felony gettin caught with a dead un. That's why we tape 'em up until we get the airboat back to the double-wide!

LOL! I'm right outside of Crystal River.

• Haha
Reactions: arlo
LOL! I'm right outside of Crystal River.
Okee. If you ever go 'n get over to Sleepy Hollow on Gobbler drive in Floral City. Look up an inseparable couple. They are never ever seen apart. Phyllis and Seth. Formerly know to everybody there as "Sethphyllis". Swear to God!
X-Mas day mid 90's. We all meet at the pub. At 41 and 48, the Bushnell road. The only red light in town. The road to "Church"!
We're all inside having a cold one. Billy Bob pulls up in his pickup. Or "muhtruck" if you own one there. Official lingo!
He comes a-struttin' in happy as a...I dunno. Wants us to all go out and see what "hiswife" got him fer xmas.
In the rifle rack is a gleaming new Browning 12 gauge pump. Bobbie Sue got it fer him and aint it purdy!
He grabs it and shows it off. A dude asks to see it. Billy hands it over. "Careful its got one in the hole and no plug", he warns.
The redneck aims it at the one and only red light in town. Clicks the safety. BA-LAMMM.
Light starts swingin'. Colored chunks of glass are flying and hitting the road. Tink-de-tink-tink-tink.
Billy Bob grabs the gun. Wraps it with a jean jacket. Sticks it behind the seat. We all go back inside wearing halos!
15-20 minutes later. Here in comes a Sheriff. Asking if anyone saw who shot out the red light.
Heads shake. We just got here, but we saw it. Or "musta been like that all night".
A girl at one of the tables already 7/8 in the bag raises her head off the table and slurs at the Deputy.
Thars's broken glass in the road?!! She says. Well I hope you got a broom to sweep it up cuz my hubbin' got me a brand new set of tires for crimmas.
And...there is not ONE Ounce of BS in that story. I was there. It that ain't country. I'll kiss your ass!

• Haha
Reactions: FTA4PA
Okee. If you ever go 'n get over to Sleepy Hollow on Gobbler drive in Floral City. Look up an inseparable couple. They are never ever seen apart. Phyllis and Seth. Formerly know to everybody there as "Sethphyllis". Swear to God!
X-Mas day mid 90's. We all meet at the pub. At 41 and 48, the Bushnell road. The only red light in town. The road to "Church"!
We're all inside having a cold one. Billy Bob pulls up in his pickup. Or "muhtruck" if you own one there. Official lingo!
He comes a-struttin' in happy as a...I dunno. Wants us to all go out and see what "hiswife" got him fer xmas.
In the rifle rack is a gleaming new Browning 12 gauge pump. Bobbie Sue got it fer him and aint it purdy!
He grabs it and shows it off. A dude asks to see it. Billy hands it over. "Careful its got one in the hole and no plug", he warns.
The redneck aims it at the one and only red light in town. Clicks the safety. BA-LAMMM.
Light starts swingin'. Colored chunks of glass are flying and hitting the road. Tink-de-tink-tink-tink.
Billy Bob grabs the gun. Wraps it with a jean jacket. Sticks it behind the seat. We all go back inside wearing halos!
15-20 minutes later. Here in comes a Sheriff. Asking if anyone saw who shot out the red light.
Heads shake. We just got here, but we saw it. Or "musta been like that all night".
A girl at one of the tables already 7/8 in the bag raises her head off the table and slurs at the Deputy.
Thars's broken glass in the road?!! She says. Well I hope you got a broom to sweep it up cuz my hubbin' got me a brand new set of tires for crimmas.
And...there is not ONE Ounce of BS in that story. I was there. It that ain't country. I'll kiss your ass!
LOL! friggin crazy... Well hell looks like I'm gonna stay out of Floral City then! LMAO!

• Haha

I lived in a little more should we say, upscale town in Florida. But all I had to do was go 20 miles inland to Okeechobee or Hendry county and you aint lying. Loved it so much, I moved to the sticks of Upstate SC!

• Haha
I have another stupid question. Is there anyone in the us that sells a c band lnb that will mount to an offset dish. There are ton's in china but it will take two years to get to me. LOL

I have another stupid question. Is there anyone in the us that sells a c band lnb that will mount to an offset dish. There are ton's in china but it will take two years to get to me. LOL
Don't bother, a 39" dish can't get C-band anymore. Now, IF it was a 4ft dish, you could maybe get a few C-band channels here and there. Minimum C-band size is 8ft, with 10ft preferred.

Don't bother, a 39" dish can't get C-band anymore. Now, IF it was a 4ft dish, you could maybe get a few C-band channels here and there. Minimum C-band size is 8ft, with 10ft preferred.
Oh ok, thanks for the heads up. Looks like I have start dish hunting.LOL!