No TNTHD for Sunday Ticket? TNT takes the Hit

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The HR20-700 has two OTA tuners in it but they aren't active yet. Supposedly they will be active within a month. It also has 2 satellite tuners. If I stick with D* I won't buy the HR20 until D* activates the tuners and rolls out HD LiL in my market. Both are suppose to happen by the end of October.

Call customer retention: (800) 824-9081. I called and got the HD package free for four months. The lady sounded genuinely understandable to my "anger". She said it's an agreement w/ TNT when they signed TNT-HD that they drop the channel when football airs. Sounds like our beef is w/ TNT, too. I couldn't care less about TNT-HD or NASCAR in HD (or SD, for that matter)...just helping "the cause".

I would like to hear from TNT before I believe anything a CSR says. This is a nightmare for D* and it should be. They have gone too far now.

bgilga said:
I would like to hear from TNT before I believe anything a CSR says. This is a nightmare for D* and it should be. They have gone too far now.

Amen brother....every CSR has a different story to tell you.
Maybe TNT can shed some light for us......everyone email them and maybe we can get the REAL story
I do find it hard to believe TNT Agreed to this

That'd be like TNT saying "Sure, you can carry us, but not when we're showing the #1 spectator sport in the country."

LOL yeah and the number one promoter of HDTV to boot. You can't watch a NASCAR event without seeing something about HDTV every few minutes.

From nascar.com's own website.....
Get your adrenaline racing -- watch every lap on a DLP HDTV from Texas Instruments!

Well I guess now watch every lap but the ones run at Louden and Dover if you lucky enough to be a DirecTV subscriber.......

Last edited:
Just astounding. WE'RE PAYING FOR THIS CHANNEL, D*!!!

I'm just shocked at the way they went about this... Tell us in advance, and people can make the proper choices on programming.

rkr0923 said:
and to think I was gonna refer a friend for the $100
that was a close one
I would've had new enemy
E* picks up 2 new customers today

Bye see ya I for one will not miss you and your worth-less posts.
I can see a post or 2 on the subject but enough is enough.
I have already e-mailed D* and TNT with my concerns will probably call them tomorrow and I am not a Nascar fan.
Call them, e-mail them but going on like little kids in a forum will help no one.
Oh did you have big plans on watching TNT this afternoon.
None the less they should not mess with Nascar for the next 2 weekends and a channel in a package we pay extra for.
I find it funny that those that are complaining over and over again are those that posted in the past saying TNT is nothing but stretch-o-vision and a waste of bandwidth.;)

upnorth said:
Bye see ya I for one will not miss you and your worth-less posts.
I can see a post or 2 on the subject but enough is enough.
I have already e-mailed D* and TNT with my concerns will probably call them tomorrow and I am not a Nascar fan.
Call them, e-mail them but going on like little kids in a forum will help no one.
Oh did you have big plans on watching TNT this afternoon.
None the less they should not mess with Nascar for the next 2 weekends and a channel in a package we pay extra for.
I find it funny that those that are complaining over and over again are those that posted in the past saying TNT is nothing but stretch-o-vision and a waste of bandwidth.;)

I just counted the number of full-time shopping channels in the guide and I find 9 channels that
carry shopping full-time ( 3 of them are jewelry channels ) . Thats not counting the channels that carry shopping at least 20 hours a day like i-network. But did D* management drop those channels? Um, NO. Those 9 channels are bandwidth equivalent to 2 HD channels at least.

I was Hoping for maybe 1 new HD channel or two.
I was Expecting nothing new for 9-12 months
I was Shocked when we actually lost HD programming
I was Angered when the CSR argued with me and said they aren't using channel 75 for NFL-ST

bgsmallwood said:
Just got off the phone with a CSR and was told that TNT-HD will be pulled EVERY Sunday until 8:pm until
football season ends this Winter.

Section D of the D* customer service agreement...
(d) Our Programming Changes. Many changing considerations affect the availability, cost and quality of programming and customer demand for it. Accordingly, we must reserve the unrestricted right to change, rearrange, add or delete our programming packages, the selections in those packages, our prices, and any other Service we offer, at any time. We will endeavor to notify you of any change that is within our reasonable control and its effective date. In most cases, this notice will be about one month in advance. You always have the right to cancel your Service, in whole or in part, if you do not accept the change (see Section 5). If you cancel your Service, a deactivation fee (described in Sections 2 & 5(b)) or other charges may apply. Credits, if any, to your account will be posted as described in Section 5. If you do not cancel, your continued receipt of our Service will constitute acceptance.

Did anyone get a notice about this change? I didn't!

vlj9r said:
Did anyone get a notice about this change? I didn't!
Neither did I or I wouldn't have dropped E*'s HD package that I got last year just to watch NASCAR in HD.

If the CSR's thought it was bad this week, wait until next week when all those subs who only watch TNT-HD for NASCAR tune in and its not there.:(

The thing that I guess gets me is that WCBS (D* Channel 80) was showing an upconvert of the Jets game. It wasn't in HD and the same thing was on 380. Turn that channel off, or remap it from the ST channel. On any given week, D* has both the 80/81 and 88/89 channels showing different versions of the same content.:confused:

Wow! what a way to treat customers??? no notice no warning... Just the Rupert way... We do it because we can. I am glad I am not in this position anymore (I dropped D* last month). I have neve heard of a provider pulling out a regular channel to cover their asses because they could not provide a package at full price. Sounds like crap... and it is crap... I feel sorry for those stuck in a situation like this. It is not the customer fault...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts