Overwatch Thread

The download patch is being sent out. Mine is currently updating. If yours isn't, restart Battle.Net and it should work.

The Halloween special is now live. A new game mode has been added, which appears to be a pure 4 player co-op event, and a bunch of new Halloween cosmetics have been added. There's good and bad with this. The good is that yes, yes.. YES you can buy what you want with in game currency! The bad news is that these things will be more expensive that things in the same level. So for example, Zenyatta has a new skin, but it's at a tier where everything is normally 250, and the Halloween skin is 750. You better hope that you don't find an epic skin that you want, because those normally go for 2000, but here they go to 3000. I really hope I get the luck of the draw with Mercy and Junkrat, and king3pj I think you'll want the Reaper skin (I'll let you see that yourself.) I'm also excited to see what the new game mode entails. I've just been checking on my game remotely from work so I can't actually play... although I'm really tempted to head out of work early to check it out... maybe do a quick match when I get home.. man I really wish I didn't have that exclusive event tonight.. ;p

The Halloween special is now live. A new game mode has been added, which appears to be a pure 4 player co-op event, and a bunch of new Halloween cosmetics have been added. There's good and bad with this. The good is that yes, yes.. YES you can buy what you want with in game currency! The bad news is that these things will be more expensive that things in the same level. So for example, Zenyatta has a new skin, but it's at a tier where everything is normally 250, and the Halloween skin is 750. You better hope that you don't find an epic skin that you want, because those normally go for 2000, but here they go to 3000. I really hope I get the luck of the draw with Mercy and Junkrat, and king3pj I think you'll want the Reaper skin (I'll let you see that yourself.) I'm also excited to see what the new game mode entails. I've just been checking on my game remotely from work so I can't actually play... although I'm really tempted to head out of work early to check it out... maybe do a quick match when I get home.. man I really wish I didn't have that exclusive event tonight.. ;p

It sounds like the co-op brawl might be kind of similar to Horde mode. This actually sounds pretty cool. I had a chance to flip through pictures of all the Haloween skins too. There is a gallery of them at PC Gamer for everyone who wants to take a look.

http://www.pcgamer.com/here-are-all-of-overwatchs-new-halloween-terror-skins/

The ones that will be my main priorities during this event are Roadhog, Junkrat, Reaper, and Soldier 76. I wouldn't mind getting Ana, Mercy or Symmetra either just because they look decent even if I don't play them much.

I think the Zenyatta and Reinhardt skins are kind of disappointing even though I use both of those characters on occasion just because they don't look that much different from other skins they have available. Same goes for Pharah and Hanzo but I don't use those characters enough to care.

tzbi2xbwsiyfvpb8vi4e.png

Edit: Just tried out Junkenstein's Revenge. Not bad so far. I only lasted for a few minutes because we were all getting used to it. Here's a video. It's still uploading so it may not be live yet but by 5pm EST it should be ready to watch.

Last edited:
Overwatch now has 20 million users.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/11/13247156/overwatch-20-million-players-blizzard

I wonder if this stemmed from my friend picking up the game yesterday. He picked it up and was looking for gamertags. Sadly he got it for PS4. :(

Lost in the big Halloween event update was that Blizzard also rolled out a bunch of other tweaks and fixes to the game. Biggest things for me was that Ana's ultimate takes longer to charge while Junkrat's ultimate takes shorter to charge. I did notice that when I was playing as Junkrat recently that he did seem to achieve it more often than normal, or maybe that was due to my dominating performance during the games. ;-)

Last edited:
Coincidentally I got this after a Revenge of Dr Junkenstein game.
upload_2016-10-14_16-2-24.png

Video of the unboxing (if you're into that sort of thing)

Next goal.. The Witch..

Nice! If trading was a thing in Overwatch I would gladly trade you my Mercy Witch skin for your Junkenstien Skin. I think the Witch skin looks awesome but when we were looking at our stats yesterday I found out I've only played as her for 9 minutes out of my 63 hours of time spent playing the game.

Yeah well unfortunately I wouldn't jump on that deal. Junkrat makes up 15 of my 61 hours of playtime, so I like using him quite a bit on defense. But if I ever got the Reaper skin I couldn't get rid of that thing fast enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts