Super-DMA is being released!

I'm in Boca Raton, FL and receive some stations from West Palm Beach that have no progam info.

I'm 50 miles NW of Indianapolis and I have many signals that are very close to being strong enough to receive. 25 channels are listed - I get between 9 and 15 of them depending on the conditions.

Send me some Super DMA!

Cheers,

James

SpeedyG said:
Todd from Florida here. I live right between Orlando, FL and Tampa, FL. Can see all locals from both Orlando and Tampa, just no guide info from Tampa (outside of my current DMA).
Ok, looks like Orlando will go first. SpeedyG, and everyone else in Orlando, you can expect the DMA update on Monday. I don't have the exact time, but most likely it will be late afternoon.

For everyone else: please post your Super-DMA requests here. VOOM engineers are checking this thread and will pick the next DMAs based on your feedback.

And please make sure to indicate which other DMAs you can currently tune to (without the PG).

Ilya said:
And please make sure to indicate which other DMAs you can currently tune to (without the PG).

I get Boston channels in my program guide but I get fine reception for everything out of Providence, RI (no guide info).

Anyone know how far out Super DMA's will reach? I am trying to figure out what cities I will be able to pick up locals for? Anyone know of an approximate mile radius? Thanks

Ilya said:

I did hope people would follow my lead and post as much detailed information as possible. It would be very difficult to figure out what you receive if VOOM can't see in your post what DMA you're in and what channels you actually get.

Not to pick on ken164, but "erie, pa please" doesn't tell VOOM anything.

Just trying to help :)

I live in OTA map area # 0053. I believe that covers Wilkes-Barre and Scranton Pennsylvania.

My antenna also allows me to receive channels from Allentown and Philadelphia but they are not part of my map area.

I would like Super DMA to add Allentown and Philadelphia to my map area.

Thanks!

Safari

i'm in columbus,ms can get good signal from tuscaloosa,al and birmingham,al.T-town no psip birmingham no epg.

Ilya said:
Ok, here is the deal. The new plan is to start the Super-DMA rollout on Monday and initially do only one per day for the first week - then crank back up to 10 a day if all look good. Any suggestions for the first few? Which of you guys are getting strong signals from neighboring DMAs?

I'm in Winston-Salem, NC (Greensboro market) and get strong signals out of Charlotte. Thanks.

dma

locals from syracuse ny, i get cbs,nbc,abc,pbs and on some occassions get fox out of rochester ny. but i did a new scan one day last week and boom 5 channels from buffalo ny which is 105 miles away, watched them all for a few minutes each and looked great, but then my box locked up later that night and after hard reboot all buffalo channels gone. and cant get them back! would love super dma in upstate ny cause i know my antenna is good enough and since ive watch channels from buffalo i know they are strong enough.
syracuse ny 20 miles to the east
rochester ny 60 miles to the west
buffalo ny 105 to the west
my antenna is pointing at syracuse(98 degrees) so maybe if i get a rotor i wont need super dma?

I'm in Buffalo, NY and would like to get listings for Toronto, ON and Rochester, NY.

Ilya said:
Ok, looks like Orlando will go first. SpeedyG, and everyone else in Orlando, you can expect the DMA update on Monday. I don't have the exact time, but most likely it will be late afternoon.

For everyone else: please post your Super-DMA requests here. VOOM engineers are checking this thread and will pick the next DMAs based on your feedback.

Excellent!! I will be home all day tomorrow (Monday) and will post to let everyone know how it went. Thanks!!

-SpeedyG

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts