Voom can be closed down in 30 days. Is it really dead this time?

I wonder when they will stop taking orders?

Sooooo, I guess there is no reason to call VOOM (as I intended to do tonight or tomorrow morning) to sign up for the $1.00 "what have you got to lose" promotion........

Just go to yahoo.com

Walter L. said:
Can somebody publish the link to the original announcement? I did a google searh and couldn't find it.
Select Finance, then type in CVC and select Get Quote

You will see the news items which confirm this

bobaphx said:
Sooooo, I guess there is no reason to call VOOM (as I intended to do tonight or tomorrow morning) to sign up for the $1.00 "what have you got to lose" promotion........
What have you got to lose? :D

jame_g said:
Maybe C. Dolan didn't have the financing lined up after all.
Apparently not.
jame_g said:
It would be nice to see an actual press release from Voom or CVC, or a statement from Dolan.
This is from Cablevision, although at this moment it is not on their website. It would be nice if it were just an elaborate spoof but alas it is not.

JL

jame_g said:
Maybe C. Dolan didn't have the financing lined up after all.
Don't think that that is the issue. Ihave the feeling, and this is speculation, that CVC wants to play it sure in regards to the transfer of satellite and transponders. And somewhere, it tells me with what was going on, Chuck was doing everything in his power to keep Voom where it is today. Now there is no reason to deny the FCC application. There is no third fulll service DBS provider. And with Voom is everyone's head, no one is willing to take the risk for a startup either.

Have they said anything on VOOM HD News about it? That would be a strange report. It would basically be a guy saying "I'm out of a job".

Did Scott get paid for March's ads on Sat Guys. If not he better collect now!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)