2013 NL Central

I'm hoping Liriano gets 20 wins so maybe he can win the cy young.
Won't happen. Even if I wasn't a Dodgers fan and even if I hated Kershaw, I will stay say this, barring any major collapse, Kershaw will be the unanimous winner, even if he finishes the season with only 15 wins and Liriano has 25. Win loss record is not as an important criteria as quality, just plain dominance, ERA, WHIP, and other stats when writers vote for Cy Young.

Just as a DBack hater, I still think Goldschmidt will will the MVP. The DBacks have been in the race long enough and are still somewhat battling for a WC.

Perhaps. I don't like the fact that team success is such a huge determination for MVP. It's not the payers fault if the rest of the team stinks.

Kershaw may get some MVP votes. I personally don't think pitchers should get it though.

Sent from my iPad 4 using SatelliteGuys

I disagree on both counts. IMO, an MVP should NEVER go to a player on a team that misses the postseason. If the award was Player of the Year, then I would agree, the award should go to the best player regardless of standings. However, the award is Most VALUABLE player which is not always necessarily Player of the Year. As far as pitchers winning the MVP, I have no problem with that. In fact, if Kershaw continues on his current path I think he should be STRONGLY considered.

I don't feel the same about the Cy Young Award. I don't have a problem with a pitcher from a bad team winning it (see Steve Carlton in 1972). I guess it's because the CYA is really Pitcher of the Year.

Huge,huge series for the Reds starting tonight against the Cards. Reds really need to take this series just to stay with the Cards and Bucs and just to prove they can beat the Cards in a series. Here's the pitching matchups:

Monday: Lyons vs Leake

Tuesday Kelly vs Latos

Wednesday Wainwright vs Bailey

Tonights game is on ESPN at 7 pm.

Huge,huge series for the Reds starting tonight against the Cards. Reds really need to take this series just to stay with the Cards and Bucs and just to prove they can beat the Cards in a series. Here's the pitching matchups:

Monday: Lyons vs Leake

Tuesday Kelly vs Latos

Wednesday Wainwright vs Bailey

Tonights game is on ESPN at 7 pm.

Yes they need to at the very least win 2 out of 3. They need to start hitting. Votto is trying to walk too much. He lets pitches go right down the middle without swinging at them. I can understand if they don't pitch to him but when pitches go right down the middle and he doesn't swing irks me.

Having Marshall and Broxton on the DL is really hurt the Reds last night. Parra and Hoover, quite obvioulsy, didn't get the job done. Reds have to win the next two or the WC will be the only way to get in the playoffs. Probably going to be a WC anyway. I'm pretty much resigned to that.

Those cards continue to amaze year after year. Each year, no matter who they have, who the get rid off, or who they sign, their offense is always on the top in the league, and they always make some late season run taking the WC or division from some team.

Those cards continue to amaze year after year. Each year, no matter who they have, who the get rid off, or who they sign, their offense is always on the top in the league, and they always make some late season run taking the WC or division from some team.

Without question, they have been baseball's model franchise over the last decade.

For whatever reason the Reds turn into the Cubs when they play the Cardinals. They just seem to go to pieces when they see a Cardinal uniform. Not much chance to win tonight either. Bailey is 0-5 with a 6.90 ERA at Busch Stadium and Wainwright going for the Cards. Looks like WC or nothing for this years Reds.

For whatever reason the Reds turn into the Cubs when they play the Cardinals. They just seem to go to pieces when they see a Cardinal uniform. Not much chance to win tonight either. Bailey is 0-5 with a 6.90 ERA at Busch Stadium and Wainwright going for the Cards. Looks like WC or nothing for this years Reds.

Not tonight. 9-0 after 2 innings. Wainright had only given up 12 runs the whole year.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Different night...different teams. Pirates win big with Byrd's debut as a Buc, and the Reds blow off Cardinal frustration by pounding St. Louis' ace in the first two innings for 9 runs. Hopefully the Bucs win tomorrow and are even with the Cards before this weeks crucial series at PNC. Let's go Bucs! :)
?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts