CONFIRMED: New version 6.10 has arrived! (Please post your observations here)

Scott Greczkowski said:
Mine has the Satellite in Green plus an orange : in th emiddle of the Display. However when I turn my TV on all's that I see is a pink screen. What should I do?
If it's been like that for more than an hour, you should reboot.

YaHoo,,, sorry for the plug Yippeeee,,, I got the new software this morning, and just love it.
Current software ver v01.10
HAL Ver. 06.10
Middleware 01.38
Guide Ver. 01.98.08
Secure Firmware V16
Last Reboot 02:30 am 07-27-04
EPG 1.9.8H
OTV C0138A
NEP 610

New transparent guide, and OTA tuning, should be awesome. can't wait to go and play with my antenneas tonight.

530 area code
No vast picture difference, but some of the channels actually do look much better. :D :cool:

New software here, version 6.10!!!

Yes, I got it last nite. Software version is 6.10. It has new "installer wizard" where you can do some new things such as OTA channel scan. I had no time to look through everything but I added some local OTA channels which were missing before. Thanks Voom!

:) Ditto I got my upgrade this morning box rebooted itself at 2:30 am. Just love all the new features

THANKS VOOM!!!! :cool:

Do you have to be in standby mode in order to receive the update? Can someone please confirm. Thanks.

rcmojo said:
Do you have to be in standby mode in order to receive the update? Can someone please confirm. Thanks.

First thing is to get targeted. Once targeted, you can put stb in stand mode to receive the update. The update is occurring at night time.

Okay, I have to ask. Is it necessary to scan for the locals? My locals are mapped perfect. I hate to fix what is not broken.

Thanks!

devildogg said:
Okay, I have to ask. Is it necessary to scan for the locals? My locals are mapped perfect. I hate to fix what is not broken.

Thanks!

If your locals are mapped, you do not need to do anything. The OTA scanning software does not delete your mapping at all. It only adds to your mapping if there is a channel that was not mapped before.

Can anyone tell me if they added any more functionality to the program planner? For example, the ability to put a weekly, daily, or M-F entry into the planner?

pmalve said:
What are we going to complain about now? :) Do you have to scan for all channels or can you put in a single channel and try turning antenna to receive it. That is how I picked up WCBS from NYC on samsung receiver. It didn't get picked up on the scan so I entered channel number 56 and turned rotor and it popped in. Hope to do same thing with Voom receiver.

no just do the scan if it is there it will pop in if not you can adjust your antenna and rescan

HeavyC said:
Can anyone tell me if they added any more functionality to the program planner? For example, the ability to put a weekly, daily, or M-F entry into the planner?
Nope.

got it, 6.10.

No biggie since I already had 6.00 with the box since my install last week. I thought most of you all had been scanning OTA already, here is my install post: http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=155197&postcount=1572

guess it is a bummer that I got it when I don't really need it.

FWIW: I am in san diego and my last reboot was 2:30AM, so I guess that means it started the d/l around 2 am.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts