CONFIRMED: New version 6.10 has arrived! (Please post your observations here)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Got 6.10 overnight in 330 area code. Box rebooted at 2:27AM. So far looks good. I don't really need OTA scanning right now, but it might come in handy in the future. I noticed the new scale on OTA signal quality. All my local channels are now pegged at 99, so I guess my antenna is pretty good. Transparent one-line guide is nice.

I got it, turned it on this morning and scanned OTA's and got 7 extra channels. 2 are in Spanish (I don't speak Spanish) but still. I picked up a couple of Bay Area channels and hope to get more when I point my antenna that direction.

Alright...

Now we can brace ourselves for the complaints. People complaining something doesn't work and if it doesn't get fixed by sundown they're gonna cancel. :::yawn:::

Anyway, not targeted here. How long before the rest of us get it...2 weeks? ;)

The Rickster

SO where are all the complainers that VOom does nothing, these new menus look pretty detailed (not got the software yet judging from calikarim's posts) ... I guess all the masses of people (2 people) that were going to quit come August if the firmware wasn't delivered have to remain with Voom.

Question about OTA Scanning, ABCNEWS is pretty new in my area and there's nothing in the PG for it, if the OTA scanning finds a new channel or subchannel that was not in the PG before does that mean you will see the channel in the listing with "no info" listed next to it? Or will the PG try and locate program information for it?

GadgetRick said:
How long before the rest of us get it...2 weeks? ;)
Not confirmed yet, but the plan was to convert everyone within a day or two, provided there are not too many issues with the first push.

Could someone who has received the new software please post screenshots of everything that is new / changed, including the options and transparent PG?

No complaints here! The new FW appears to have added some needed features and corrected some existing problems. If anyone thinks the new FW is going to solve all problems they are sadly mistaken...however, this is certainily a step in the right direction. Perhaps someone should stand up FW satisfaction poll once everybody has had an opportunity to use it.

Thumbs up :up on the new FW...it could be two thumbs once I've had more time to use it.

Long time forum viewer, first time post. :)

I had vo0m for over a month now and I love it so far. I'm in the 414 area code and I was targeted last night. Got the download now and I was toying with it a bit. I noticed at the program guide (via big vo0m button), I typed in a channel number (say 301). It will not change the channel, but it'll go to ESPNHD on the guide. I feel a bit better now :D later.

Ralphie

ralphieHD said:
Long time forum viewer, first time post. :)

I had vo0m for over a month now and I love it so far. I'm in the 414 area code and I was targeted last night. Got the download now and I was toying with it a bit. I noticed at the program guide (via big vo0m button), I typed in a channel number (say 301). It will not change the channel, but it'll go to ESPNHD on the guide. I feel a bit better now :D later.

Ralphie
It has always done that for me.

Someone please go into the guide and use the PPV search feature. what are the results? Still only showing Playboy? No tyson fight? Hurry please! :D

HeavyC said:
Originally Posted by HeavyC
Can anyone tell me if they added any more functionality to the program planner? For example, the ability to put a weekly, daily, or M-F entry into the planner?

Ilya said:

Well then here is the first official complaint about the new software, and I don't even have it yet. This is something that must be added unless they are planning on brining out the PVR very soon.

I had someone take these so please excuse the poor quality.

Pics 1&2 show the Transparent PG.
Pic 3 shows how the Transparent PG goes back to a Solid PG after hitting the VOOM Guide button.

Attachments

• DSC00046.jpg
    DSC00046.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 283
  • DSC00051.jpg
    DSC00051.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 318
  • DSC00053.jpg
    DSC00053.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 286
Dvlos said:
Question about OTA Scanning, ABCNEWS is pretty new in my area and there's nothing in the PG for it, if the OTA scanning finds a new channel or subchannel that was not in the PG before does that mean you will see the channel in the listing with "no info" listed next to it? Or will the PG try and locate program information for it?

Yes, that is correct. If the channel was not mapped before and the OTA scanning function found it, you will have "no info" in the PG. How to resolve this? Well, the same way as before. Send me an email to Sean_Mota@satelliteguys.us with your full address and the channel that is missing PG information. This will be sent to Tribune.

riff,

That's the surf bar, not the program guide. Is the surf bar the only menu that was made transparent?

I got the new software, but I don't have any programming info. or any of the new features like the transparent guide. Anyone have any ideas? It's like it downloaded the new version, but it didn't integrate it.

Vergilius said:
I got the new software, but I don't have any programming info. or any of the new features like the transparent guide. Anyone have any ideas? It's like it downloaded the new version, but it didn't integrate it.

Go to the system settings and see if you see the Hide OTA menu guide or the installation Wizard.

Ken F said:
riff,

That's the surf bar, not the program guide. Is the surf bar the only menu that was made transparent?

That's what it looks like but I hate to break it to everyone. That surf menu transparency was not meant to be in this release. It sounds like a bug as some of you may seen it and others may not. I have to check my statement to make sure that it is correct but this is as far as I know unless there was something changed at the last minute.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts