Good Points And Bad Points After The Software Update (Are you Targeted?)

pdqbobe said:
Houston we still have a few problems : Last night I had a lock up an rebooted the reciever while watching Jay Leno....The CC came out in spanish and english and maybe one other. I reset the CC to never and reset it to always again but it showed two or languages. So I reset the audio to english instead of orginal track but to no avail. Changed channels and it was ok in one language english. It maybe only a NBC problem I don't know. Has anyone else noticed the CC problem w/ two languages last night.........Also I got sucked in to watching HDStarz for a 3 hour movie "Heat" the screen would go black then white and after a few seconds would come back on....It did it several times during the movie...Has anyone noticed this since the upgrade software?

I watch Jay last night and did not see any CC. It must be the local station sending wrong signal or stb. If you see this in other channels, let us know. Regarding the "black screen" check this thread here. Others have reported same problem.

I have started a new thread about lockups in the latest software. I hope this is ok with everyone. I thought the problem was important enough to have its own thread...

If you have lockup problems with the new software, please post your observations there.

I noticed that when I turn on the STB the 2nd bar (from top to bottom) in front of the receiver flashes (letting me know that the stb is set at 720p). Now, I do not remember seeing that before but maybe it was there and I did not notice it. Anyone else seeing this?

Have now gone to 'Osama Bin Laden Status". Targeted, but no shots fired. Targeted version has been set since last night at 8PM. Now debating whether to re-boot or perform an extreme drop-kick. Not really---the old version still works fine, and it's still free.

Still Targeted

My box upstairs has been targeted for the last 3 days and still 5.08.
My box downstairs wasnt targeted at all and now has 5.5C. Go figure.

bill

Make sure to leave it turned off (standby). At least this is how I've got mine.

Ken F said:
If you do a full reset, it always goes back to 720p, or at least in the previous version. If you do a reset, double check your output mode.

Was trying to see if this got fixed.

Well I lost PG information tonight on most OTA channels. Even the channel designation like ABC or CBS is gone. Only the number remains. The signal is coming through ok... Anyone else?

Just a quick report......new software last nite......and I just got my first "little box in the corner" lockup. No blackouts for me yet

RickyMac said:
Noticed last night that I had been targeted. Got up this morning and the upgrade had went smoothly. Box came on quickly, channels changed quicker. Everything fine, just waiting on my antenna upgrade. Oh, my siginal had been at 64, now I am at 97. I wanted to buy a 30" dish, but I guess that would be foolish at this time.

The jump in signal strength is puzzling to me. I used to have horrible sat. signal strength 29-32, but after the upgrade I now have 83-84.

Two parts I am confused about.
1) If they just changed the measurement on the display say used a multiplier then you would think my after strength would be evenly divisible by the old strength numbers. Of course they could have used non integer numbers.
2) The bigger puzzle for me is the difference in ratios that people are seeing an improvement in their signal strenght. RickyMac went from 64 to 97 approximately a 50% increase. While I went from 32 to 84 almost a 200% increase. I think there has to be something else going on here. I just don't know what, and I am not complaining :D

Sean Mota said:
Well I lost PG information tonight on most OTA channels. Even the channel designation like ABC or CBS is gone. Only the number remains. The signal is coming through ok... Anyone else?

I lost my OTA data but I could still see the channel names. The funny thing is that 2.1 (fox) had no data but 2.2 (fox sub-channel showed all the guide info (they simulcast all shows in 480 on that sub).

Channel mapping problems with Starz?

Has anyone else noticed that StarzHD (channel 261) is showing BravoHD?
Channel 262 says I have to call Voom. I also think a couple of other channels are incorrect as well. What's the deal with this? I haven't seen it talked about much. I also had problems with no info on my Local stations.. that has been fixed as of this morning. I'm still getting a lot of lockups however.. Black screen.. small screen in upper right, etc..

Dave

Yep...same here!
Nothing but channel numbers and no info on all OTA but htey all came back this morning!

I have noticed some pixelation and audio glitches on Voom channels which were not apparent before this upgrade. I feel that, although the STB works better now, there seems to be PQ issues that I had not had before it.

Anyone else having these issues? Is this part of the bugs or is it something else?

Several people reported a no-sound issue after changing channels. I am starting a new thread dedicated to this problem. Once the dust settles, we can merge all these threads in one. For now, I suggest we keep them separate.

Targeted

I am targeted... have been since my install was complete this afternoon. At about 12am Easterntime I will power off the STB and watch some HD on Cable. Maybe a movie on IO.... by the time I am done my update should have occurred.

I do notice that it is a 6 second wait going from channel to channel. Almost unbearable in some cases. I am getting pretty strong signal readings for both Satellite and OTA.

I will report back with my findings.

ok... my update began at about 12:10am Easterntime. It lasted about 23 Minutes and so far I've noticed considerable speed increases with surfing channels.... Menu speed has also increased. Unfortunately I have already experienced one lock-up already since the upgrade.

Oh well, I will observe VOOM for more developments.

I finally got the new software Wednesday night and had a chance to play
with it last night. These are my observations:
1) Faster channel changes (not major as I was using 720P)
2) Longer schedule buffer (big plus)
3) Programmed 3 shows to watch and all switched right on time.
4) Best not press remote buttons faster than the receiver can respond can
result in lock-up. (this will piss-off compulsive surfers)
5) Did notice that the resolution light bar lights briefly each time I select
the Voom input on my Pioneer 1110. Hence the Voom box is now hand-shaking
over the DVI for HDCP acceptance.
6) The screen goes blank briefly from time to time then comes back.
I wonder if this is a HDCP issue.

All in all it is an improvement.

zmwp01 said:
4) Best not press remote buttons faster than the receiver can respond can
result in lock-up. (this will piss-off compulsive surfers)

This one got me, forcing a front panel reset, first time in a long time. I guess I would rather have slow and solid vs trying not to outrun the remote.

rudolpht said:
This one got me, forcing a front panel reset, first time in a long time. I guess I would rather have slow and solid vs trying not to outrun the remote.
I did not have lockups till now either, I hope this is temporary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts