Manhattan Update 3.3 thread

Status
Please reply by conversation.

brentb636

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 24, 2006
5 miles N of Saugatuck, Mi
Thought we could start a new thread about reaction to the Manhattan 3.3 update, date 30 Sep 2011. I've loaded it on two receivers, and am happy to see the 22khz control in all motorized and fixed menus. Haven't found any issues, yet. :)

The info key "i" now displays resolution of the signal, if it's HD , and modulation scheme , dvbs(qpsk) , for example. as well as FEC. Have to check it on some signals, good addition. :)

I had to reformat my hard drive for some reason :(

It would read the drive to play back the existing crap I had on it (mainly test stuff) but when I hit record it wouldnt record. Reformatting the drive fixed it

I'll see if I can duplicate that....Same thing here, Tony. Odd thing, though, the stb went into timeshifting mode and was recording to the hard drive on that. I had to re-format before simply pushing the record button would get anything going. Good catch....
:)

Last edited:
Brent,

Good news on the FW upgrade.
I just put in 3.2 and spent the better part of a week re-building all my sats, channels, motor setting etc.
Can I save my settings this time around?

Yes you can , Jim . It worked for me. You might have to re-enter the USALS info, and your TV setup . That seems to be standard. :) Oh, and if you use the DVR function , you may have to re-format the hard drive. Both Iceberg and I had to do that.

Yes Pixl. You can save the user database. Playing with the file for a week now. I didn't have any reformat issue for the Hard drive. I can play, record whatever. I have stuff on the drive a couple months old. So no problems with the drive here. Remember to reset the timeshift settings after flashing. Have a great day!

Me, too ! Unless a new bug turns up, we'll be looking for little tweaks, rather than big features. Hope so.... :) I've had my Solomend since June 2010, but it won't do what the Manhattan does NOW ! I like the Solomend 800 a lot, and now the Manhattan has surpassed it. :)

Darn happy here to see full 22Khz functionality back! So much so that I was able to reconnect the 22khz switch back up on my DMX741, put the hat back on the feedhorn of the dish and button er up for winter.
Nice touch too in terms of the extra info that shows up when pressing the info button too.
Finally this receiver is doing what I had hoped it would when I put my pre-order in.

Darn happy here to see full 22Khz functionality back! So much so that I was able to reconnect the 22khz switch back up on my DMX741, put the hat back on the feedhorn of the dish and button er up for winter.
Nice touch too in terms of the extra info that shows up when pressing the info button too.
Finally this receiver is doing what I had hoped it would when I put my pre-order in.
I agree ! We're starting to see the advantage of North American support. It's making timely improvements to bring this new stb up to our expectations. :)

Yippie.. I like it!!

This is how it should have been at release. :) (But to give them credit they fixed everything that was wrong really quick... I am impressed with the turn around! :D

I love the new info screen... also a shot of the new motorized setup screen. :D

Attachments

• photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 218
  • photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 163
that signal bar sure looks little...
Whatever happened to nice BIG ones like the coolsat had?

Status
Please reply by conversation.