New FTA user

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I believe most Directv/Dish sats use circular polarity and all use encryption. You won't find much in the clear on those. :(
Ok I see that some frequency is H and some V horizontal and Vertical can you pick up both frequencies or does it matter where you are geographically

Ok I see that some frequency is H and some V horizontal and Vertical can you pick up both frequencies or does it matter where you are geographically
in most cases, yes you can pick both. A LNBF will use the voltage to switch between H and V
In some rare cases, V and H might have different geographical coverage, but I can't even think of one that affects the satellites we get in North America.
Note that to receive both polarisations, you need a LNBF, or if you use an old-style LNB with a separate feedhorn, you would need a mechanical polariser.

Reactions: FTA4PA
I see that you have already received an answer to your question. Here is a resource with some detailed info on the subject of LNBs vs LNBFs, different types of polarity, skew, etc and how it works. :)

Low-noise block downconverter - Wikipedia

Last edited:
I assume you mean you would like to get the frequency, polarity (H or V) and symbol rates for other channels and muxs on 97w and other sats? If yes, go to North & South America - LyngSat or Satellites - North & South America or Satellite Charts - Search and choose the sat you are interested in.:)
I have a question if I move the Dish from the roof of the house and put it on lets say the roof of the garage would I need to place the dish in a particular spot or can I place it anywhere

If you want to try a larger dish here is one that is highly recommended on Satellite Guys. It includes a pll lnbf and shipping is free. :)

36 Inch 90 cm Free To Air FTA Satellite Dish & HD LNBF | eBay
Thx lol I was actually looking at that dish earlier. I think my problem is the size of my dish its 30 inches like I said I moved the dish and getting the same signal quality 23% its away from the power lines and the only thing in the line of sight is a telephone pole that's like 20 feet away

Attachments

• 20181002_224524.jpg
    20181002_224524.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 92
Reactions: Titanium
You will find that signal quality will vary between different brands of receivers. Having said that, you still should have a higher signal. High 60's to mid 70's is the norm. for a great signal. Some receivers higher. They are not made to conform to a standard, so that is the reason. That may be as high as you can get with your smaller dish. What you need to do now is perform a BLIND SCAN not a TP scan, you should see many more than 18 channels. :)

You will find that signal quality will vary between different brands of receivers. Having said that, you still should have a higher signal. High 60's to mid 70's is the norm. for a great signal. Some receivers higher. They are not made to conform to a standard, so that is the reason. That may be as high as you can get with your smaller dish. What you need to do now is perform a BLIND SCAN not a TP scan, you should see many more than 18 channels. :)
So should I get a better quality lnb

Did a blind scan its giving me like 18 channels and 2 radio stations

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)