New Software Coming Or Not?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

FrankJo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2004
DC Metro Area
Does anyone have any idea if the new software is coming soon? Or, is it not coming soon? Has this been just hype and the new software isn't coming anytime soon?

Does anyone know anything definitively, or even close to definitively?

Can Wilt chime in on this?

FrankJo said:
Has this been just hype and the new software isn't coming anytime soon?
It's not hype. It is work in progress. It already exists in Beta form and is already being shipped with some STB's. The only question is whether to push the current one to every customer, or to wait a few more days (I hope not weeks!??) until more bugs are fixed. This will be VOOM's call.

I hope they totally revamped it. Give a new programmer a try at it.
No need to maintain compatibility and keep doing things the same awkward way.
For example, setting/accessing favorites... and the myriad of other user-hostile mechanisms. The learning curve for a properly designed Video User Interface should be quite small. The proof is that no significant user manuals exist or would even get read if they existed anyway!

Ilya said:
It is work in progress.

Yep, just like Duke Dukem Forever, "When it's done" ........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

on a similar topic, how bout the pvr?/ I really need an injection of "new toy" antibodies. I dont care if its a Directivo, 811, whatever ...I need some new HARDWARE!!!

BassBlaster said:
Yep, just like Duke Dukem Forever, "When it's done" ........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Duke Nukem Forever :) LMFAO :D Very apt reference.

I think they made new software and are currently using to power their go karts. They never had any intention of letting users download it, stupid are we.

I dont think any new "software" is coming any time soon, "firmware" however might be a different story

Drako we know what it is who cares what one calls it when everyone knows what it is :)

On Tuesday it will be two weeks after the initial two weeks when Wilt said in about two weeks which was two weeks after the first two weeks.

In other words Tuesday will be 6 weeks after the first two weeks and 4 weeks after the 2nd two weeks. Or to put it in another way when someone says two weeks they really mean 8 to 12 weeks :D

bryan27 said:
Drako we know what it is who cares what one calls it when everyone knows what it is :)

On Tuesday it will be two weeks after the initial two weeks when Wilt said in about two weeks which was two weeks after the first two weeks.

In other words Tuesday will be 6 weeks after the first two weeks and 4 weeks after the 2nd two weeks. Or to put it in another way when someone says two weeks they really mean 8 to 12 weeks :D

That's why most companies developing new products say nothing about deadlines.

bryan27 said:

I could not help myself,I just had to see what this post read in Redneck:

Drako we knows whut it is who cares whut one calls it when ev'ryone knows whut it is

On Tuesday it will be two weeks af'er th' initial two weeks when Wilt said in about two weeks which was two weeks af'er th' fust two weeks.

In other wo'ds Tuesday will be 6 weeks af'er th' fust two weeks an' 4 weeks af'er th' 2nd two weeks. Or t'put it in t'other way when someone says two weeks they pow'ful mean 8 t'12 weeks

Everyone knows that the new software will be out in two weeks. Ask me again in two weeks and I'll give you the same answer.

It's just like when we're backpacking and the out-of-shape-guy says "are we there yet?" and I reply "it's just around the next bend". Fifteen bends later and we're still not there.

DarrellP said:
Everyone knows that the new software will be out in two weeks. Ask me again in two weeks and I'll give you the same answer.

More appropriately, it is like that Tom Hanks movie, "The Money Pit." The contractor kept telling them, the house would be done in 2 weeks.

DarrellP said:

It's just like when we're backpacking and the out-of-shape-guy says "are we there yet?" and I reply "it's just around the next bend". Fifteen bends later and we're still not there.
I was just going to say the same thing.... 2 weeks....
Every thread like this the answer is always "2 weeks"

Ferdy said:
Free beer tomorrow!
I'll be there! :p

jimboeau, here's a new Avatar for you:

Attachments

• babyfood.jpg
    babyfood.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 248

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts