OTA adapter on the Edision OS MIO 4K

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
After a week of using the NA SDGr image only, I decided to try OpenPLI 7.0 last night for curiosity. I think I like the SatDream GR better.
. 20190423_203455.jpg

Reactions: Titanium
950q works with open vix. Make sure in tuner config the tuner is set ATSC Terrestrial TV-8VSB and not cable TV.

I'm running OpenVIX and downloaded the 950 driver, installed the 950 and had to reboot before the Edision would see it. Scanned OK. Works good.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Near as I can tell, the DreamDroid android app doesn't see the OTA stuff. DreamDroid is a little difficult to operate so I might be overlooking something. I was expecting it to see all bouquets (I hate that terminology).

I'm running OpenVIX and downloaded the 950 driver, installed the 950 and had to reboot before the Edision would see it. Scanned OK. Works good.

I'm not 100% certain but it appears that I had to install 2 drivers on all images: atsc-950q-usb-hauppauge and atsc-usb-hauppauge

I was expecting that all I needed was the atsc-950q-usb-hauppauge but scanning turned up nothing until I installed atsc-usb-hauppauge also.

Looking at ATSC dongles on Ebay, I see that some listings specify 950Q "model 1191". Is there several types of Hauppauge 950Q?

Also, am I understanding correctly that the 950 (without the Q) does not work on the OS Mio?

Looking at ATSC dongles on Ebay, I see that some listings specify 950Q "model 1191". Is there several types of Hauppauge 950Q?

Also, am I understanding correctly that the 950 (without the Q) does not work on the OS Mio?

I've got an extra 950Q, the one guaranteed to work, that I'll sell you for $20 shipped. PM me if interested.

Model 1191 is the 955Q. I have one, and it works perfectly. I got it on Ebay for $21.50, retail box.

My seller claimed it was a 950Q in the listing, but the box itself showed Model 1191 printed on it, and 955Q. It was in fact a 955Q.

Make sure it's the "Q" model. There are some without the Q that do not work. From my experience the 955Q is faster than the 950Q. I have an XBox version which is the 955Q marketed differently (Cheaper)

I just put a want ad on the Satellite Guys classifieds... if anyone has an extra 950Q I'd love to buy it from you...

got my 950Q dongle yesterday. Worked in the OSMIO4k right away, scanned in the few channels that my old FM antenna allows me to get on VHF (I can get many more with a large UHF antenna, but don't have a permanent setup yet). As far as sensitivity, it's better than my 2007 Sony Bravia but not as good as my 2016 Samsung. It's also very nice to be able to use it on my laptop.

Been using mine to record my red eye sci fi shows like The Invaders and Time Tunnel on MeTV OTA. Sure I could record via satellite but the OTA is a nice choice also since some are not available, like Comet or Charge TV FTA.

Even for those without satellite dishes, the Mio would be an excellent choice for PVR use with the USB tuner and your local channels alone. You could always add a dish or 8 later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts