Review of Manhattan RS-1933

Do you mean FEC instead of symbol rate? All the other ALi 3602 receivers show you the symbol rate, and let you enter it. (On the other hand, I've never had a need to enter the modulation or FEC. If I enter the frequency, symbol rate, and polarity, I'll get the signal if my dish is capable of getting it.)

Yes I meant FEC rate. :) Sorry I fixed it.

I mean I do like that you don't need to know all the perimeters to tune in transponders that makes it VERY easy to use which is a plus, but if I find something interesting up there and I want to report it, its hard to when you dont know all the perimeters of the channel your tuned to.

Yes I meant FEC rate. :) Sorry I fixed it.

I mean I do like that you don't need to know all the perimeters to tune in transponders that makes it VERY easy to use which is a plus, but if I find something interesting up there and I want to report it, its hard to when you dont know all the perimeters of the channel your tuned to.

That is one of the items I commented on in my review. I like to know all of the technical stuff, like if it is DVB-S2 8PSK, etc.. Info that we'd need to know if we wanted to tune into the same signal using a non-blind scanning receiver. I would love for the info screen to show all of the technical info.

OK, I just did something different. Before i was quoting signal levels found in the motor setup menu item. I went to the TP list and my signal levels are up to 87% with quality at about 78%. So, I guess my dish is not as bad as I thought it was.

I am scanning on AMC 3 now at 87 degrees. I find all the NASA channels and MEtv but have not found the World Weather that I see some speak of......

I do get Failed message on some transponders when scanning and OK on most of them.

OK, I just did something different. Before i was quoting signal levels found in the motor setup menu item. I went to the TP list and my signal levels are up to 87% with quality at about 78%. So, I guess my dish is not as bad as I thought it was.

I am scanning on AMC 3 now at 87 degrees. I find all the NASA channels and MEtv but have not found the World Weather that I see some speak of......

I do get Failed message on some transponders when scanning and OK on most of them.

Some TP's are loaded at the factory and may not be active anymore...others there is just zero programming on at the time you scan.

Weather nation HD scanned in fine with me, you could try going to 3732 H 5632 and bump the dish to see if you can pick it up.

I tried both frequencies and symbol rates and still got nothing. Signal level was also non-existent. Others give me signal 85% with quality 45 with some 83% and 71 quality. This is with my dish peaked on the sat.

SANY0018.JPGSANY0018.JPGYou are not as peaked as you think, or you need to check out your setup... Just took this this morn..... Bear in mind that I run a 10 footer..... Have a great day!

Hogie

I tried both frequencies and symbol rates and
still got nothing. Signal level was also non-existent. Others give me signal 85%
with quality 45 with some 83% and 71 quality. This is with my dish peaked on the
sat.​

OK, I have a 10 foot button hook dish. I just ran fishing line across the face in perpendicular directions and find that the lines cross about 3/8" from each other. I computed the focal depth and corrected where the feed was set. I got a boost in signal by doing this. On NASA HD channel I get signal intensity of 83% with a signal quality of 71%. (transponder 10902/H/28108.)

I still cannot find Weather Nation.

I guess next I need to check the arc.

OK, I have a 10 foot button hook dish. I just ran fishing line across the face in perpendicular directions and find that the lines cross about 3/8" from each other. I computed the focal depth and corrected where the feed was set. I got a boost in signal by doing this. On NASA HD channel I get signal intensity of 83% with a signal quality of 71%. (transponder 10902/H/28108.)

I still cannot find Weather Nation.

I guess next I need to check the arc.

There's no such tp 10902 H 28108 . Sounds like you're scanning using Ku band LO on your C-band lnbf. :? Or you're scanning the Ku band side and getting "bleedover" thru a switch ? I'm getting 71-72 Q on my Solomend 800, with my 6 foot dish on 4000 H 28111 .

Well, those are the numbers from the info screen.....I just did another scan
HQ105 (NASA HD)

Channel HQ 105
Transponder 4000/H/28111
PID V 82/ A 83[Dolby D]/ P 82

Signal intensity 83%
Signal Quality 71%

On my last scan, those were the numbers I posted in my last post. I just deleted all channels and rescanned.

Copied right from my screen!

I did tweak the dish a bit too. I now get clean scans on all transponders. Before I had several fail. But, I still have breakups on a few channels. Also found a new channel. called THIStv NETWORK.

Could it be my LNB? It is an old one and it is 45 degree. The signal; quality is bouncing all over on some channels.

You mention having a buttonhook mount. May I ask if you are still centered? I have the same setup. Being that those arms like to sag, I took cables and turnbuckles and mounted them to three points on the dish. By adjusting the turnbuckles, I can keep my feed perfectly centered and supported at all places along the arc. A feed being just ever so slightly off center can cause problems.

Attachments

• Feed centering.jpg
    Feed centering.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 203
  • Turnbuckle closeup.jpg
    Turnbuckle closeup.jpg
    466.7 KB · Views: 203
Yes, I am most likely going to do the same with my dish. Cables and turnbuckles. Thanx for the photos. My avatar is a photo of my dish.

Today I did turn the dish on the pole a little and re-peaked it. I did gain some signal on all satellites.

I got my KU dish nicely running and its scanning the entire arc nicely. Most of the arc the quality is above 85 and the signal 70 or above.... (I am happy with that)

So Now I an doing an auto scan and I am noticing that a LOT of transponders are failing when scanning.

After the scan is complete I go to those transponders and the signal is very high and so is the quality.

Any reason these are not scanning in?

Attachments

• IMG_20110801_194950.jpg
    IMG_20110801_194950.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 178

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts