Sunday Ticket discounts

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I believe its $29.99 after the credit. Its 49.99/mo for six months starting in July, then they give you $20/mo off for the same six months.

Thats a reasonable price. They ought to set it at $199 for everyone. I'd bet they'd get a whole lot more signups that would offset the price reduction.

I think it was $150/year when I first signed up for it. I didnt start grimacing until it shot over $300 and went to ~$380 to get the games in HD.

Not sure if any of this info is relevant, but I signed up for DirecTV (Choice XTRA HD+DVR) around this time last year and got a rebate of around $21 each month for the first 12 months. My average bill was around $95 each month with only one receiver and not including the sports season packages (CI, ST, MM, etc.).

In 2009, I got a discount on Sunday Ticket with the Super Fan pack (I think I paid around $200 total) and also got a 50% discount on NHL Center Ice because of the Versus debacle. I paid full price for March Madness and have always subscribed to HBO and the SportsPak.

I called today to see if I could get a discount that is being offered to new customers and/or if I can get the Sunday Ticket reduced.

I got the free HD offer ($10 credit) because I'm enrolled in auto payment and got the $20 off for 6 months offer for the Sunday Ticket.

My bill for the next 6 months will be $130 something, which includes Sunday Ticket, HD, DVR, HBO and Sports.

Do you guys know of any other discounts I can qualify for? Does DirecTV extend new customer discounts to current customers? Should I try later in the summer to see if I can still get the Premier Package for free for 5 months with Sunday Ticket?

Any suggestions and insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I inquired about a discount and was offered a$100 if I paid $299 in one payment. I just received my July bill and everything was on there, $299 (+tax) and the $100 credit

I got what appears to be the going discount. $20 off for 6 months ($120).

So my bottom line is like some others here... $299.94 - $120 = $179.94

I dropped the NFLST To-Go portion. I am quite happy with it on my HDTV and the price w/discount is cheaper than I've paid in the past.

I got what appears to be the going discount. $20 off for 6 months ($120).

So my bottom line is like some others here... $299.94 - $120 = $179.94

I dropped the NFLST To-Go portion. I am quite happy with it on my HDTV and the price w/discount is cheaper than I've paid in the past.

Good to hear!!!

they offered me that same deal but said no. i can't this year. great deal though. its about $179.94 total.

$ 179 between now and SEPTEMBER, come on Rey, we know you can do it !!!

One less Coffee in the morning, I less Cig .... One less daily newspaper !

I just called in and got the $20 credit for 6 months. It didn't take much effort at all. I simply mentioned that I have had the ticket since 1997, but that I was concerned about the escalating price. I also questioned whether my auto-renewal rate was really the "lowest price available" as my monthly statement claimed since new subscribers were getting better deals, including free HD for life.

Thinking back on it, maybe I should have tried to get a deal on the Sunday Ticket-to-go; but, I don't know that I would watch games on the internet or my iphone anyway.

$ 179 between now and SEPTEMBER, come on Rey, we know you can do it !!!

One less Coffee in the morning, I less Cig .... One less daily newspaper !

Just got the $20.00 x 6 credit for NFLST, but was shot down on the 24 mths free HD. She says the computer kicks one out when she tried for both. Obviously they can do it, others here have got it. Long term sub, and under no contract, should just take another call or so.

how do you guys get the $20 credit? threaten to cancel ST?

Seems the most workable strategy is:

- Already have sunday ticket turned on
- Call on a monday early in the day
- Say its kinda expensive and ask if they'll give you the $20/six months credit to keep it
- If they dont, then call a couple more times later on
- If they still wont, then you can either do what I did and call and offer to cancel your entire service if they wont give you a discount they're freely handing out to other customers, or cancel the sunday ticket and wait until later in the summer when they're offering the 5 month premier/free sunday ticket deal to new customers, which they eventually extend to at least some existing customers, and call and ask for that.
- After you've canceled sunday ticket, someone from directv may call you to offer you the credit deal anyhow

Sounds like a lot of hoopla, but it seems that most people that have ST will get the credit if they ask for it, arent a brand new customer, have been paying their bills, etc. Basically be nice, say you've seen the discount talked about on the internet satellite discussion boards and ask if you can have it.

Well turns out my wife called earlier in the day today about the 'To Go' charge to completely cancel that. The guy gave us that completely for free. Should I push more for ST, or will they see I'm getting 'To Go' for free and not budge? I haven't signed up for HD For Life btw if it makes much of a difference
can't exactly threaten to cancel, I've been a sub for less than a year

I got the free HD and the ST 20/6 credit. I've heard of others getting the 20/6 and the free to-go at the same time. Not sure I've heard of free HD, 20/6 and free to-go all at once yet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts