Super-DMA is being released!

Sorry if this has been asked before.

I see that today Super DMA is being implemented into the San Francisco-(Bay Area).

My question is: Will this include the Sacramento Area, or is that scheduled for another day?

I have not seen it on the list.

Also how can I tell if Super-DMA as been loaded?

Thanks

LuRcH1080i said:
Sorry if this has been asked before.

I see that today Super DMA is being implemented into the San Francisco-(Bay Area).

My question is: Will this include the Sacramento Area, or is that scheduled for another day?

I have not seen it on the list.

Also how can I tell if Super-DMA as been loaded?

Thanks

My guess is that Sacramento is not part of it. However, you can check that the superdma uploaded by looking at your hidden local channels. They are usually there (these are channels not in your current dma).

LuRcH1080i said:
You can check the number of your OTA map by pressing HELP-INFO-OK-Down-Down-Down. The maps being released tonight are:

05 - San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose, CA
25 - Indianapolis, IN
45 - Oklahoma City, OK
65 - Lexington, KY
85 - Chattanooga, TN
04 - Philadelphia, PA​

Can someone post the channels included in the S.F. Bay Area's Super DMA map?

I have been waiting for this before getting VOOM, since I only get OTA signals from outside the DMA.

05 - San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose, CA
25 - Indianapolis, IN
45 - Oklahoma City, OK
65 - Lexington, KY
85 - Chattanooga, TN
04 - Philadelphia, PA​
[/QUOTE]

Indianapolis! Hot Dog! Indy, you must be happy as well..........
This should be interesting - hoping for the best.

Go Bears said:
Can someone post the channels included in the S.F. Bay Area's Super DMA map?

I have been waiting for this before getting VOOM, since I only get OTA signals from outside the DMA.

I've got this .

channels tagged "N" are not resident in SF DMA, but are expected to be receivable by in at least 10% of the SF DMA's zip codes. (think) All of the "outers" come from Sacramento).

sfdma.jpg

Indy Dma

Has anyone in Indianapolis noticed any difference? None here as of 9:23 am......

I now see 6 new channels (31 total) but still only scan in 13-14 channels. I actually live in West lafayette (47906) but have been mapped for C-Ville (47933) - I'm wondering if the 71 element Winegard would pick up a few more stations. I get CH 59 from Indy just fine - and 20 (PBS HD). I did a little antenna tweaking today and getting 20 and 59 at the same time (all of the time) is a bit tricky. Anyone know anything about the Winegard 8200p? I have a "Lesser Model" Winegard that pulls in the 14 I all ready have. Good luck to local Indy Voomers. Oh, the new channels showed up in the channel list as hidden - just as we were told. Scanning didn't pick any of these up for me. :(

Cheers,

James

Got the Chicago Super DMA; 6 new channels listed, but even with a nice Winegard on the roof, cannot recieve any of them!
They did show up as "hidden" though, and scanning for them does NOT bring them in any better...

wase4711 said:
Got the Chicago Super DMA; 6 new channels listed, but even with a nice Winegard on the roof, cannot recieve any of them!
They did show up as "hidden" though, and scanning for them does NOT bring them in any better...

I have the Winegard 7082p (110.5" boom length). Do you know which one you have? The 8200p cost $220 (177" boom length) - I wonder if that will pull in some of these listed channels. If anyone has had a Winegard to Winegard upgrade experience, please comment.

Cheers,
James

For most digital channels (which most are UHF) it would probably be better to get a UHF only antenna like the CM4228 than a big VHF UHF combo. THey are smaller and easier to install too. You might also need a CM7777 preamp for the weak signals as well.

Oh, and the 4228 only costs around $50 and is according to some suppose to be the best UHF antenna.

Shreveport Super DMA

I now have a channel 22-1 ( I don't know where this is from)but I still do not have a program guide for NBC out of Texarkana (KTAL) Offair channel 6-1 I have 89 as a signal strength My zip code is 71104. Any help would be appreciated. I've been on the phone with voom tech support multiple times (not in the past week) and they keep telling me they can't help me.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

I live 50 miles west of chicago. I am 40 miles east of rockford,il and I am 90 miles south of Milwaukee,wisc. I still get the same 13 channels. I have a CM outside antenns. I sit on the highest point in nortern Illinois. I don't see any hidden channels, My RF signal strength is 92. What gives? I still can not get channel 2 CBS. 13 channels is all I get; thats it. software version is 2.4c. Any ideas?

jbm007 said:
I live 50 miles west of chicago. I am 40 miles east of rockford,il and I am 90 miles south of Milwaukee,wisc. I still get the same 13 channels. I have a CM outside antenns. I sit on the highest point in nortern Illinois. I don't see any hidden channels, My RF signal strength is 92. What gives? I still can not get channel 2 CBS. 13 channels is all I get; thats it. software version is 2.4c. Any ideas?

I would try re-aiming your antenna; any large trees or obstructions in your line of sight to downtown?

I am 25 miles sw of downtown, and with my middle of the road Winegard antenna on my roof, CBS comes in at 97- Fox is a bit of a problem, but every other local comes in great; I get 19 locals, and after the super DMA, I got 6 new ones, but I can't receieve them...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)