CONFIRMED: New version 6.10 has arrived! (Please post your observations here)

The "All Feature" I'm referring to is the "All Channels" button. Meaning, I want it to pick up where I left off (I know if does this in the new software.)

ChetK said:
The "All Feature" I'm referring to is the "All Channels" button. Meaning, I want it to pick up where I left off (I know if does this in the new software.)
I am not sure what you mean. Are you talking about the PG, or channel scanning?

Go to the system settings and see if you see the Hide OTA menu guide or the installation Wizard.
There is no "Hide OTA" that I can see and the installation wizard is in the installers menu. It looks all the same to me. My guide information finally came up, at least. In the systems settings it shows:

Current Software Version: V00.01.10
HAL Version: 00.06.10.

Vergilius said:
There is no "Hide OTA" that I can see and the installation wizard is in the installers menu.
It's not in the Installation Wizard. Press VOOM, then Green. Check the last menu item.

Nothing here in Indianapolis area code 317 No target software indicated either.

It's not in the Installation Wizard. Press VOOM, then Green. Check the last menu item.
OK, I see what you mean. The last menu item is "Channel List" which allows me to hide channels on the guide below 100. It has always been there in version 6.0, as well.
It would be nice to see official "release notes" for the new software from VOOM so we know just what changed.
Yes, that would be nice--I don't notice any differences in the menu system itself. Maybe it just contained some "fixes" that we have seen mentioned before, although I didn't notice any of those issues in version 6.0.

also wonder what happens if download takes place (tonight,expecting huge rain storms,where you loose signal) is it corrupted??does it pick up where it left off??, just interested

Vergilius said:
OK, I see what you mean. The last menu item is "Channel List" which allows me to hide channels on the guide below 100. It has always been there in version 6.0, as well.
I didn't realize that you already had 6.00. As I understand, 6.10 is not much different from 6.00. Just a few issues fixed, that's all.

IMPORTANT: if you have experienced any problems during the 6.10 download, please post your observations here.
This may help VOOM engineers in troubleshooting.

RogueKnight said:
Nothing here in area code 937.................... :(

Hope to see something soon....

Charley

Can people stop porsting - nothing here in area code xxx - its has nothing to do with your area code we have established this. Have we not? Maybe they did last name bgins with lets say a-h got it last night. (i'm a B so that logic would work for me!) But whatever they did, posting area code, zip code, city, birthday, second cousin's husbands last name - ain't going to change when you get it.

Ken F said:
riff,

That's the surf bar, not the program guide. Is the surf bar the only menu that was made transparent?
The transparent surf bar apparently was not supposed to make it into this rev. When you first power on, the surf bar (and channel number) will be transparent (assuming your power-on setting is for full TV and not menu). After bringing up the main VOOM menu and returning to watch TV, the surf bar goes back to opaque mode. So far I've found two ways to get the surf bar in transparent mode: (1) power on in full TV display mode; and (2) press WATCH to exit the systems setting menu. I guess this gives you an inadvertent way to toggle transparency on and off. If they're going to add this feature, it would be nice to have a menu selection to control it including maybe different transparency settings a la my Hughs D* box.

IIRC when my box was installed 3 weeks ago I already had this software. The installer went to a screen that scanned for OTA's and was in an Installer Wizard

Good catch, techweb, on getting the surf bar in transparent mode. It worked for me and is much more preferrable in transparent than opaque mode.

I got it last night or today, I had to reboot it after it locked up but working fine now.. I just started looking over a few things, like my OTA signal Power and Quality and it seems my OTA Quality had doubled on every OTA channel, but I dont think there is any diffrence in picture quality just has something to do with the new software..

If I see any thing else I will post it, I cant get over that there is already 10 pages to this thread.. Cya Slick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)