CONFIRMED: New version 6.10 has arrived! (Please post your observations here)

My dogs name is Sharky so I must have been on the list cause I got it! :D Got the update but don't see the clear navigation bar at the bottom. Mine is still solid black even after a reboot...and yes I got the update.

chrisc909 said:
HELP! Checked last night. Was targeted for the update. This morning, receiver was locked. Cant do SW reset. Unplugged and reconnected. Now it has all lights lit up, display shows 88:88. Called voom. She said it is downloading new firmware and to leave it alone for 1/2 an hour. Left it alone for 1 hour. Same thing.
chrisc909, I have passed your information to VOOM engineers. They might contact you directly. Please keep us posted.

Any other victims of the 6.10 download? Please report any problems here.

Seanb61 said:
Can people stop porsting - nothing here in area code xxx - its has nothing to do with your area code we have established this. Have we not? Maybe they did last name bgins with lets say a-h got it last night. (i'm a B so that logic would work for me!) But whatever they did, posting area code, zip code, city, birthday, second cousin's husbands last name - ain't going to change when you get it.

Who died and made you king? I did not see where "WE" decided anything about the order in which it is downloaded. Area code not excluded. I will have to agree with you on one thing however. Your last name does start with B******! :shocked

ROLLZROYCE said:
I'm not sure if it's been answered yet but what about audio dropouts?
So far no more missing audio when changing channels, but it's too soon to tell for sure. Also, the occasional no signal condition when changing to certain OTA channels appears to have been fixed, but again only time will tell.

Haven't gotten my update yet, but a question for the folks that do. I read a post that there was no change to the PG as far as being able to schedule daily or weekly recordings. My question is did they at least change the default to "auto on" or is it still "reminder"?
Thanks-

From what I heard and don't kill me if I am wrong but VOOM did a limited download last night to see how it went. All went well. Tonight the rest are suppose to be done.

patrickpiteo said:
From what I heard and don't kill me if I am wrong but VOOM did a limited download last night to see how it went. All went well. Tonight the rest are suppose to be done.

Haven't seen anyone post in this thread or the "anyone targeted tuesday?" thread that's been targeted for tonight. Sigh...

Not targeted here...my area code is 703, my zip code is 20136, my city is Bristow, my birthday is 6-11-77, and my second cousin's husbands last name is Jones...why aren't I targeted yet Seanb61 :D

Haven't seen anyone post in this thread or the "anyone targeted tuesday?" thread that's been targeted for tonight. Sigh... I heard it from a pretty good source and not a CSR... We will see.]

You would think they would target A-hole's like me who bitch, moan and complain....instead the people who say they are perfectly happy with what they had gets it........go figure

wasch_24 said:
Not targeted here...my area code is 703, my zip code is 20136, my city is Bristow, my birthday is 6-11-77, and my second cousin's husbands last name is Jones...why aren't I targeted yet Seanb61 :D

Dude! If I marry my second cousin before midnight will I make the download list? :D

I didn't get update last night, but have it showing as targeted. Figure that would mean tonight. Current software version 5.68 Targeted software version 1.1

Silly Rabbit,

Did you check to see if you were targeted last night or did it target you for tonight recently. (just wondering since I haven't seen any other posts about people being targeted for tonight.)

6.10 Downloades Last Night (7/27/04)

6.10 downloaded last night (7/27/04).

Pleased with overall performance.

PG now working as wished (begins with channel viewing).

OTA does not recognize all channels... strange... not all I am mapped appear (w/scan) while others who have signals strong enough are not captured by software. Channels mapped still work fine but software does not see all of them in scan.

Video Adjust still does nothing.

Needless to say Zap.2.it is doing a very poor job with electronic PG. Schedules for Voom are not correct in all cases while local programming for my PBS affiliate (KVIE: 6.1, 6.2, 6.3, 6.4) has been incorrect since I became a Voomer in Feb 04. Some off by 12 hrs. I've written them with no response. KVIE has done the same. I believe Zap.2.it is a Cablevision venture so they don't have to pay fees.

I didn't watch tv yesterday, so I have no idea if it was there. It was off all night. After reading the forum today, I checked it first thing when I got home. The receiver wouldn't power on, so I was thinking I already had the update. I soft rebooted and only found that I was targeted. Maybe it was targeted yesterday and didn't comeplete??? Will know in the AM.

I'm Targeted!

We will see what happens. My receiver now shows targeted for version 1.10

Bill