DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

gpollock87 said:
why is it on 128 period? why move it to make it look like a replacement when it was a top 200 channel in the first place?

Why not put FearNet on 128? :)

I said that all those women's programming channels were already in AT200 (although Style was in AT250 some time back). I thought they would have to add in one like Lifetime Real Women. Maybe even Showtime Women or wMax would have made sense. No, let us watch Style on 115 and 128.

We can also watch HDNet on channel 131 and 362. We can even watch HDNet Movies on 130 and 383. SD subs will see these two as "new" channels.

Yup I am losing 3 channels and still paying the same amount I am now... they should give us NEW channels such as FearNet. (Sorry had to say it before someone else did) :D

Hell they should have kept Reelz in HD. It makes no sense why they only carry Reelz in HD whenever they choose to keep it uplinked. I was hoping to check out XIII but I have no interest in watching it now since it's not in HD.

Aren't those channels already in the packages that AMC is carried in (except for Welcome pack)?

If so, how are subscribers in the Top 200 or 250 package gaining anything? Seems like they still get HDNet and Style and just lose three channels?

Thanks!

Aren't those channels already in the packages that AMC is carried in (except for Welcome pack)?

If so, how are subscribers in the Top 200 or 250 package gaining anything? Seems like they still get HDNet and Style and just lose three channels?

Thanks!

HDNet Movies is only in BB@Home.

Looks like AMC is going to have to rethink its pricing, it does not look like Dish is going to give in to them. If AT&T follows, AMC will have a big market share loss. This will cause other providers not to be pressured into renewing. Perhaps this will be a good thing in the long run and the runaway price increases by programmers will slow down a bit.

HD Net has lots of original programming. Most of it isn't dramatic. Some of it might be better placed on MavTV. Other elements rival Palladia.

You must have missed my other post.

Edit doesn't seem to be working..anyway I meant to say that Hdnet/movies doesn't have any original programming.Post 1771.

True! Need a new channel for Sundance! What happened to IndiePlex being a high quality replacement? I know it is in free preview but so is Style...
I already get IndiePlex. So, it would not be a replacement to me.

Bring back Smithsonian channel.
Now, there's a good suggestion.

At least put Reelz back on in HD. It ain't like they won't have the bandwidth after tomorrow night.
And, another good suggestion. (Although, I didn't realize they pulled the HD version. )

To anyone who is in my boat (250 & BB @ Home) just spoke to a CSR and got pretty any premium service except HBO and Starz offered for 1 month free. Took Cinemax.

I would have waited until the channels are actually gone.

A fun experiment on this issue would be for all forum member to drop their dish packages to the lowest tier for a month. I think Dish might take notice of that. But we do have other choices out there besides Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)