Good Points And Bad Points After The Software Update (Are you Targeted?)

Targetted!

Just checked mine, shows up as targetted, it wasn't when I got home a couple of hours ago. I'm going to try the unplug routine as well.

Acerone said:
Are your boxes hookup to the your phone line?

nope...Strange though. Just unplug/plug. HDnews comes up and check status and it still said targeted software. So now is downloading it says "New Program Information is loading from the satellite. This process may take serveral minutes". This is the same message as you get after reboot. So I am hopeful.

Well, that did not help. I am still at the same software as before and the targeted is still there. Let me know Geno if you were successful.

I think its downloading now. If you notice, not only is program info not showing, channell names are not showing either. Just numbers. I think I read earlier that that's the way it was during the download. Only time will tell.

Geno said:
I think its downloading now. If you notice, not only is program info not showing, channell names are not showing either. Just numbers. I think I read earlier that that's the way it was during the download. Only time will tell.

did you unplug/plug receiver? or is it downloading by its own "force"?

Ace,

As Charlie said in On The Waterfront... Not your night! Maybe tomorrow. I think Wilt said something like 20% per night. Some got it last night.

Sean,

I unplugged the receiver to get it going. When my program info comes up, if I don't see the new version I'm going to reboot.

I'm not sure its working for me either. I did notice that when I plugged it back in the much maligned orange display lit up for a couple of seconds. I didn't catch what it said, though. I'm not sure I've ever seen it lit up. I've got the unit on standby (off) and will wait about 30 min before firing it back up.

I drew red & white circles on my back, did a druid dance, and it still didn't take....

BTW guys, you read my reply to my signal loss issue?I fixed it myself, and now get no channel lower than a 55 quality signal. and the highest I've found is a 69. I also now have a steady strength of 63! I guess my installer was lazy, and didn't find optimum reception? Now if I could only get this new software to download. :rolleyes:

Voom Issues, would like to hear what others think

Billing Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)