NL Central 2010

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
I hope the Reds hold on to this lead they have over the Cards. It is 6 games today. I think if it is still that after the series against the Cards, then they have a great shot at winning the division.

I haven't been this excited by the Reds being in contention this late for a long time.

The Cardinals' ONLY chance to gain ANY ground is a sweep.

If they only win once or twice, they'll still be way back.

Otherwise, then the Cards is dead.

Reds up by 7 games now. The Cardinals seem to be fading fast. They may need to sweep the Reds this weekend if they want to get back in it.
Anyone see Chapman's debut? He looked great. He threw a couple of pitches that were clocked at 102 and a few others at 100 or 101. If he can have good control he could be ahuge difference maker in September and beyond for the Reds.

Anyone see Chapman's debut? He looked great. He threw a couple of pitches that were clocked at 102 and a few others at 100 or 101. If he can have good control he could be ahuge difference maker in September and beyond for the Reds.

He had one pitch clocked at 103 MPH last night, and the other night in AAA he was clocked at 105!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek: There's an old adage in baseball: "you can't hit what you can't see".

I remember the Astros' J.R. Richard hitting 104 before his unfortunate stroke in the early 80's.

BTW, GO REDS!!!! It's always great to see some new blood in there!! :) :up

I watched the game last night and saw Champman blowing smoke by the batters. The umpire called one strike and looked at the batter and said "It sounded like a strike". :D

Reds up by 7 games now. The Cardinals seem to be fading fast. They may need to sweep the Reds this weekend if they want to get back in it.

I really miss Joel Zumaya :(

He had one pitch clocked at 103 MPH last night, and the other night in AAA he was clocked at 105!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek: There's an old adage in baseball: "you can't hit what you can't see".

I remember the Astros' J.R. Richard hitting 104 before his unfortunate stroke in the early 80's.

BTW, GO REDS!!!! It's always great to see some new blood in there!! :) :up

It will be interesting to see what the AWAY teams guns say .....

Rolling, Rolling, Rolling, keep those wins a coming.....Go Reds!

Chapman got his 1st MLB win last night. Also hit 104 on the gun. Even if the gun is fast he's still blowing smoke.
The Cardinals have to sweep this weekend to have any chance at all. I think the Reds are up to at least one win this weekend.

Do you think the guy that caused all the stir a few weeks back (brawl) will have anything to say THIS time around ?

He'll be yapping all weekend :)

Do you think the guy that caused all the stir a few weeks back (brawl) will have anything to say THIS time around ?

He'll be yapping all weekend :)

Cueto pitched last night so he won't be pitching this weekend.

But wasn't Phillips starting a lot of it as well ?

Oh, yeah it was him. Cueto got suspended and everybody forgot about him. Phillips is still hurt and he won't play more than likely. Just pinch run like now.

Sent from my Droid

Oh, yeah it was him. Cueto got suspended and everybody forgot about him. Phillips is still hurt and he won't play more than likely. Just pinch run like now.

Sent from my Droid

Ya, I was thinking of Phillips, too bad he's out ... when will he be back playing regularly ?

My Astros are 16 games out, but still 18 games ahead of the Pirates. Things are tough these days as an Astros fan, but at least with the Pirates in our division, we never have to worry about the cellar.
:D

I glanced at the standings today, and couldn't believe how close the top five teams in the NL are! It will be an interesting last month to not only see who gets in, but where those teams are seeded!

*-Division leader
**- Wild card leader

*Cincinnati..............78-55.....................-
*Atlanta..................78-55.....................-
*San Diego.............76-56.....................1.5
**Philadelphia........75-58.....................3
San Francisco.........74-60.....................4.5

The Giants are currently on the outside looking in, but they still have a shot at being the #1 seed.............

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)