Super-DMA is being released!

Are they still rolling out the super DMA? I notice that you guys hadn't updated the rollout schedule. I'm in wichita, ks so as you can see this is simi-important to me espically since my install is scheduled for March 31st.

I re aimed my antenna scanning any RF freq. over 85

13 channels is all it get. No matter where I aim it. I have a channel master. No trees just ducks. Highest in northen Illinois. No channel 2 get 5,7.9,11.20,32,44,50 screwy............

I use to get 16 channels, now after the update, I am only getting 5 local
channels, what is going on. I cannot even get my pbs stations or some of the locals in DC.

delance7 said:
I use to get 16 channels, now after the update, I am only getting 5 local
channels, what is going on. I cannot even get my pbs stations or some of the locals in DC.
Did you try looking in the hidden channel thing? Sometimes after the super-dma comes out, some of your channels are hidden. Sorry don't know why. Look there and then report back.

So far I haven't seen when San Antonio/Austin area will get DMA. Currently we get only Austin stations.
Patrick

They were there after I did another scan, I can get up to 21 different Channels now. Some were also hidden.
Thanks for everything.

How about Quad Cities (moline, IL, Rock Island, IL, Davenport, IA, Bettendorf, IA) and Peoria, IL DMA??? I think it is map 0092?

ok, noob questions- I don't understand what exactly Super DMA will be adding? Are these channels that we could get all along and the addition of Super DMA is just the ability to recognize it and tune it in? Or is it just the ability to now have program info for channels that were available before? Reason I ask is I live in Springfield, MO, about 3 hours from Kansas City and St. Louis both. Locally, NBC is the only one that broadcasts in HD. Ideally I would like to pick up locals from other cities that broadcast in HD. Am I living in a dream world? Do I just have to wait for my little locals to pony up the cash and upgrade or is Super DMA the answer to my prayers?

Quick question about the SDMA, do I have to have a certain software version to receive them? I tried to scan for new channels in Atlanta Ga (March 10th) and saw nothing new.

*edit*

Thanks Sean, will do

siujoey said:
ok, noob questions- I don't understand what exactly Super DMA will be adding? Are these channels that we could get all along and the addition of Super DMA is just the ability to recognize it and tune it in? Or is it just the ability to now have program info for channels that were available before? Reason I ask is I live in Springfield, MO, about 3 hours from Kansas City and St. Louis both. Locally, NBC is the only one that broadcasts in HD. Ideally I would like to pick up locals from other cities that broadcast in HD. Am I living in a dream world? Do I just have to wait for my little locals to pony up the cash and upgrade or is Super DMA the answer to my prayers?

SuperDma has two functions. One is that it will recognize other channels around you that are transmitting as long as you are antenna is pointing in their direction. If you are still out of reach of any of those channels, SuperDma will not do the trick. The other two things that superdma does is that you won't need the PSIP data for the station to be sent for the station. The PSIP data is already in the superdma. Also, you will have guide data in the superdma. You still need to check www.antennaweb.org to see if you will be able to pick up those stations around your area. I hope that help.

Sean... do you know when they will be adding Erie to the DMA. I can get Cleveland and Buffalo. both are 90 miles. I have my own boom rotor antenna.

Help I live Just outside New orleans LA. My SUPER DMA upgrade Date has came and passed and I have not seen any kind of change at all with my OTA or Satt programing Am I doing something wrong or Was anything really going to change???

Got super DMA in Toledo. Thanks.

I will be going up and experimenting with the antenna this weekend because I am seeing info on stations I do not see on antennaweb.
I remember there was an alternative site, does anyone remember what that was?

Thanks again.

Kentstater72 said:
Got super DMA in Toledo. Thanks.

I will be going up and experimenting with the antenna this weekend because I am seeing info on stations I do not see on antennaweb.
I remember there was an alternative site, does anyone remember what that was?

Thanks again.
I don't know how long you've tried to get HD locals, but don't waste your time messing with your ant. seems most signals are very bad with "TI", and low power transmission at any given time of the day. we get Zanesville from 12:00 am to 8:00am, with a 94 then " 0 " from 8:00am to 12:00 am, the only fix I've seen is a very directional hi gain "ant' with rotor, again don't waste your time with a medium or small ant you might get a channel just to see it go away with all of the Radio and Cell towers start loading up.

I already get all the Toledo Locals. The antenna is pointed that way, and like you I get some others sometimes.
The reason for experimenting is to see if it is worth investing in the better antenna and rotor.
If VoOm goes away I would like to go strictly OTA.

Kentstater72 said:
I already get all the Toledo Locals. The antenna is pointed that way, and like you I get some others sometimes.
The reason for experimenting is to see if it is worth investing in the better antenna and rotor.
If VoOm goes away I would like to go strictly OTA.
Don't do it, I've put up several different " Ant ", from 2001 to date, the problem seems if you have a high powered Local you must reduce their signal. then you will lose what you're trying to get: My Answer put up 2 High Gain Ant's with a splitter. now we receive Akron,Cleve,Cinn,DAy, not your area never went in that direction. but trust me it's not good. don't waste your money & time . If you want a station get a ant just for the FEq, and point it there, seems to be the only way.Add on : just for the fun of it: we have a hotel in northern Ohio, and spent >2000.00 so save 30.00. you just have to love stupid people: but we get all the Locals from Cleveland for " FREE "

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)