Voom can be closed down in 30 days. Is it really dead this time?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Cancel?

Should I go ahead and call Voom to cancel my subscription? I've had voom for about a month now, are they going to refund me for the installation charge? If I cancel are they going to charge for early cancellation fee? Maybe I should wait this out huh? If it ends, it ends... At least I won't get charged for early cancellation fee. Maybe I shouldn't pay my subscription fee for this month? Oh well, very sad indeed :no . I guess I'm back to cable :no .

Sean dont you mean $10 dollars for the DVR service + 4.95 for the DVR Box rental plus $.29 for the Remote rental plus taxes and franchize fees.

It comes out to be about 17 bucks a month for the DVR from Cablevision

justalurker said:
Sean, you are a nice guy and I realize that the end of Voom will lead to the end of your forum, but why is it that despite CLEAR STATEMENTS from Cablevision that they are shutting down you hold on to a line posted by a three post poster? There is a point where giving people the benefit of the doubt ends.

I noticed that you even changed the title of this thread. Sorry Sean, but even your superpowers won't save Voom now. Its over and its official from Cablevision. Denial won't save voom.

JL
I would not bet anything until the picture goes dark with these guys.. What was the point of putting up the good news banner on the main menu last month.. UNLESS YOU ARE 100% sure that VOOM was gonna be saved.. I just don't get it.. My wife thinks I am nuts. Why did we get TWC .. cause VOOM is dead..wait no it ain't.. oh wait it is again.. LOL

justalurker said:
Sean, you are a nice guy and I realize that the end of Voom will lead to the end of your forum, but why is it that despite CLEAR STATEMENTS from Cablevision that they are shutting down you hold on to a line posted by a three post poster? There is a point where giving people the benefit of the doubt ends.

I noticed that you even changed the title of this thread. Sorry Sean, but even your superpowers won't save Voom now. Its over and its official from Cablevision. Denial won't save voom.

JL

ha... I hear you I be out of this job... and my main support comes from here :D Get a life man! The Voom forum is a small portion of satelliteguys. If you didn't notice I am an Administrator here. Not that I am trying to boast but find your statement quite ridiculous.

Just as I gave you the benefit of the doubt to you who relies on basic Press Releases for information, I could give the benefit of the doubt to sources who are in the inside and know more than you or me.

patrickpiteo said:
Not me at $999.00 or $800 a pop for something else that D* is not even committed to..
... I got a $10.00 a month lease TWC new dvr that works just as well thanks..

I guess I should have stated the fact that I'm in a rural non-cable area. Sorry.

Changing the title of the thread was appropriate. It originally contained a misstatement.

I agree that DOOM appears VOOMed. I would wait a few days to see how things settle but it is hard to see how it will settle out any other way.

rtt2 said:
Sean dont you mean $10 dollars for the DVR service + 4.95 for the DVR Box rental plus $.29 for the Remote rental plus taxes and franchize fees.

ok so it aint $899.00 for a pice of equipmnet that is going to be phased out...

I think Sean is hanging on because despite Cablevision's clear statements (HAHAHAHA) this really isn't over. I know for a fact another memo to employees followed this release saying VOOM isn't shutting down. I'm not saying VOOM will live on, but don't throw the dirt on just yet.

rtt2 said:

That still gives 4 years in the lease clear before I paid for the full price of the over price $800-$1000 Tivo which is an absolete box.

just enjoy it while its there

edtorious said:
Should I go ahead and call Voom to cancel my subscription? I've had voom for about a month now, are they going to refund me for the installation charge? If I cancel are they going to charge for early cancellation fee? Maybe I should wait this out huh? If it ends, it ends... At least I won't get charged for early cancellation fee. Maybe I shouldn't pay my subscription fee for this month? Oh well, very sad indeed :no . I guess I'm back to cable :no .

Roll with the flow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)