New Software Version 7.34

calikarim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
Santa Monica, CA
Best Sign i am getting new software download

Hey great news that voom is still in running. I just got a new download at 2 am pacific time . I thought voom was gone, but instead i got version 7.34 and it has new features like parental locks. You can create pins and spending limits , why would a company about to file bankruptcy send a new download. Maybe voom is not going anywhere. I put picture of screen

Attachments

• voom pic.jpg
    voom pic.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 577
  • voompic2.jpg
    voompic2.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 635
Great news! Any other new features? What about Super DMA Mapping? Did anyone else receive the 7.34 software? I was running late and didn't bother to check when I left the house early this am. Hmmm. This could be good or bad news: good news in that VOOM is proceeding as planned - bad news is they are updating STBs to keep receivers authorized (solve OTA problems) prior to discontinuing operations. Weren't Parental Controls part of 5.68? I don't recall seeing spending limits.

calikarim said:
Hey great news that voom is still in running. I just got a new download at 2 am pacific time . I thought voom was gone, but instead i got version 7.34 and it has new features like parental locks. You can create pins and spending limits , why would a company about to file bankruptcy send a new download. Maybe voom is not going anywhere. I put picture of screen

So that the receivers have the latest firmware before they pick them up from us (if they do)

techweb said:
Maybe 7.34 permanently enables OTA so we can at least use it for that when Voom goes dark.

Nadda gonna happen. If and this is the biggie, If Voom goes dark, I believe Voom will send all the renters a shipping box with a pre paid UPS label instructing us to ship the box back or have our credit card charged $500 for a paper weight. At least that is the way I would handle it outside of paying Installs Inc. to come and get them.

I got 7.34 on one of my receivers. Does anyone know what the new features, etc. are on this software version ?

Basically, 7.34 has some minor fixes and improvements compared to 7.33. Nothing major as I was told.
I believe we had all those PIN features before, unless I am missing something...

There you Go again "indy" right on: it seem's every one what's a free " OTA", but for 500.00 or 1500.00 for the 3 or 3's.

Ilya said:
Basically, 7.34 has some minor fixes and improvements compared to 7.33. Nothing major as I was told.
I believe we had all those PIN features before, unless I am missing something...

I'll wait for someone else to test the parental lock feature. Last time I set one I was locked out for good and had to get a new stb.

Indy said:
I believe Voom will send all the renters a shipping box with a pre paid UPS label instructing us to ship the box back or have our credit card charged $500 for a paper weight. At least that is the way I would handle it outside of paying Installs Inc. to come and get them.
Not trying to argue here -- I honestly don't know. I'm wondering what use the boxes would be to Voom if Voom goes dark. In other words, why would they spend any money to get them back? Can they reuse them for something else, or strip the parts? Just curious as to what they'd do with them...

PS : Voom doesn't have a credit card of mine to charge :D . But if they want the box back, I'll give it.

kelljc said:
it seem's every one what's a free " OTA", but for 500.00 or 1500.00 for the 3 or 3's.
:confused: Maybe my reading skills have gone to hell, or I missed something along the way, but I have absolutely no idea what this sentence means. Could someone please explain it to me? kelljc? Anyone?

TheTimm

I believe that it was stated that you could keep the stb and use it strictly for OTA.
It was also conjectured that Voom would bill you $500 for any stb's not returned.

Therefore an OTA box for $500.

I guess it's lucky for me that I still have a Dish 6000 receiver laying around from Dish Network. If I have to, I can hook the RG6 up to it, let the Dish 6000 see the 61.5 satellite so it happy, and then use that receiver for watching locals. I don't know that I will subscribe to anything for a while if Voom goes off the air. The other providers just don't offer enough to be worth the money. I'll probably just watch OTA for a while and see how things play out if it comes to that.

New To Voom

How can I tell if the software has been uploaded/downloaded?

ericl said:
How can I tell if the software has been uploaded/downloaded?
Welcome to the forum!
The easiest way is this: press HELP and then INFO. Look for "Nep. 734" or "Nep. 733"

TheTimm said:
:confused: Maybe my reading skills have gone to hell, or I missed something along the way, but I have absolutely no idea what this sentence means. Could someone please explain it to me? kelljc? Anyone?

I read it as.. "Everyone is talking about free OTA's, but if they are going to charge us for un-returned boxes, then your OTA would cost you $500, or $1500 if you have 3 boxes based on the promo."

Thats how I read it with my special Green Lantern Decoder Ring.

TheTimm said:
TheTimm, consider the source. I think his fingers are always 10 keys ahead of his brain. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts