Software Version V16 ??

Gr8Reb8 said:
I would not really consider patching a clearly buggy receiver, "going the extra mile". A stable box and stable reception is of highest importance. All the content in the world will not make up for frustration when attempting to watch it.

If positive thoughts fix my audio drop-outs I'm willing to throw them a bone.

Bill

Will this update allow me to get my locals, or do I still have to wait for that magical day when they "mapped"?

Will this update allow me to get my locals, or do I still have to wait for that magical day when they "mapped"?

Have you contacted Wilt H regarding your local situation? If your current zip code doesn't have any locals associated with it, they can enter a different zip code into their system.

The update coming Monday morning will not add OTA channel scanning; that's still close to a month away.

Ken F said:
Have you contacted Wilt H regarding your local situation?

Who's Wilt H?

If your current zip code doesn't have any locals associated with it, they can enter a different zip code into their system.

The update coming Monday morning will not add OTA channel scanning; that's still close to a month away.

No matter- By April 10, I am calling VOOM to haul it all away. No promised locals plus the end of my 30 day trial period= one cancelling VOOM subscriber.

I just read on the Yahoo forum that Wilt says that a last channel recall memory will NOT be included with this software update. Too bad. Back to Channel 100 every time for now.

Shelly

dledeaux said:
How does a factory reset work with upgrades like this? Will it have to download the update every time a FR is done?
No.
The software is stored in flash memory. Similar to compactflash card memory that you would use in a digital camera.

I think I'm looking in the correct place for the software version I have....it says "Secure firmware version: V16". It's in the system status..........if this is wrong where do I look for the software version to be sure I'm up to date?

What you are looking for is on the next page. Hit the down arrow button once.

Three hours left before the update! :)

Wilt posted to say that only 20% of the receivers were to get the new software this morning. The remaining boxes will get the update over the course of the week.

I have two receivers. One, which I left in standby mode, got the update.

The other, which I left on, did not.

Wilt had said a few weeks ago that the update would search out boxes in standby first and then find the oothers eventually. I guess that is what happenned. I forgot to turn my other one to standby.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts