Software Version V16 ??

rollerfink said:
I have two receivers. One, which I left in standby mode, got the update.

The other, which I left on, did not.

Wilt had said a few weeks ago that the update would search out boxes in standby first and then find the oothers eventually. I guess that is what happenned. I forgot to turn my other one to standby.

Were these boxes recently swapped? Did you get installed before 2/20/04?

Sean Mota said:
Were these boxes recently swapped? Did you get installed before 2/20/04?

I got installed on 3/6/04. Neither box has been swapped.

The one that got the update is the one on my SD TV (this is the naughty box that crashes a lot).

rollerfink said:
I got installed on 3/6/04. Neither box has been swapped.

The one that got the update is the one on my SD TV (this is the naughty box that crashes a lot).
I was also installed on 3/6/04. The box has not been swapped. I turned my box off last night (placed in standby).

The only thing I had this morning was a "crashed" box. No update.
So, I did the normal morning reboot.

Gr8Reb8 said:
I was also installed on 3/6/04. The box has not been swapped. I turned my box off last night (placed in standby).

The only thing I had this morning was a "crashed" box. No update.
So, I did the normal morning reboot.

:dev

If they fix the box crashes I might have to join a yoga class. I'll really miss my reboot routine of getting into the crouching dog to unplug the STB and then shifting into the hidden tree in order to dodge the remote control that my wife has thrown at my head.

What's the New Version #

I was just installed this past Sat.......just checked the version and I have V00.05.08 Is this the new version everyone is expecting? How old is this version I have? If I always leave my boxes on 24 hr., they will still get the updates correct? :)

kirkdj said:
I was just installed this past Sat.......just checked the version and I have V00.05.08 Is this the new version everyone is expecting? How old is this version I have? If I always leave my boxes on 24 hr., they will still get the updates correct? :)
According to Wilt Hildenbrand at Voom, Yes.

kirkdj said:

That's the old version. The new one should arrive sometime this week -- whether you have the box on or in standby (turned off with remote). It's probably just a coincidence that my standby box got the update and my "on" box didn't -- but I'll probably leave mine in standby tonight just in case this speeds the process.

stupid question

this is prolly a stupid question that is answered a lot of other places, but where do you see what software version you have?

2 ways i use voom button, green button, system settings, page down you will see software version, signal # etc on different pages make sure to use the back button when finished9a few times)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)