Software Version V16 ??

rollerfink

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 1, 2004
Detroit
Software Update Coming this Weekend

I just got this e-mail...

At VOOM, each of us is dedicated to continually improving our product and enhancing your entertainment experience.

In this regard, this weekend we plan to implement another of our ongoing initiatives to improve your service. Over the next few days and between the hours of midnight and 2AM EST, we will be downloading some new software to your HD receiver. This new software is intended to make your VOOM experience better than ever. Some of these changes will be transparent, and you won't even notice them. But others should be noticeable improvements - for example, your channels will change more quickly when moving from one to another.

We are committed to responding to your requests and increasing your satisfaction with VOOM. Comments I've heard over the past couple of weeks indicate that our recent additions of new channels such as HBO and CNN have been well received. You can look forward to further additions and improvements to VOOM over the coming weeks and months. We believe that VOOM is America's best high definition TV service, and we want you to feel the same way. If you have any suggestions or feedback, please let us know by sending them to customersupport@voom.com or call 1.800.GET.VOOM.

Thanks, and once again - welcome to the world of hi def resolution!

John McKee
Senior Vice President, Customer Operations

I remember Wilt saying on the yahoo boards that boxes in standby mode (turn off satellite with the remote) will be the first ones to receive updates but all boxes will get the push eventually. Hopefully I'll remember to put mine is standby tonight (I usually leave it on 24/7 and just turn the TV off).

Hopefully this will fix all issues -- the channel change speed will be very welcome by me.

rollerfink said:
I remember Wilt saying on the yahoo boards that boxes in standby mode (turn off satellite with the remote) will be the first ones to receive updates but all boxes will get the push eventually. Hopefully I'll remember to put mine is standby tonight (I usually leave it on 24/7 and just turn the TV off).

Hopefully this will fix all issues -- the channel change speed will be very welcome by me.

My box is not connected right now because I am remodeling. If I hook it back up 2 weeks from now will it then take the update? Can I do it myself through the menu options? Anyone know?

-k

Have they done this before, and if so how long does it usually take to download the update?

klen said:
My box is not connected right now because I am remodeling. If I hook it back up 2 weeks from now will it then take the update? Can I do it myself through the menu options? Anyone know?

-k

Once it is connected the box will do it automatically.

dosborn278 said:
Have they done this before, and if so how long does it usually take to download the update?

Yes. The first time did not take long. These download are usually done late night.

Just got my e-mail also....just want to sound like a broken record. :)

V* really is listening and going the extra mile.

Some precipitation forecast for my area. Hope it stays lite enough to not interupt the sat signal during the upload...the results of which I don't want to think about.

Bill

Mr. Biggles said:
Just got my e-mail also....just want to sound like a broken record. :)

V* really is listening and going the extra mile.

Bill
I would not really consider patching a clearly buggy receiver, "going the extra mile". A stable box and stable reception is of highest importance. All the content in the world will not make up for frustration when attempting to watch it.

Lucky said:
Sean,

Do you think we should leave the box on tonight or in the standby mode ?

I really does not matter your receiver will get it. I am planning in turning off mine like I always do...

Sean Mota said:
I really does not matter your receiver will get it. I am planning in turning off mine like I always do...

Thanks, Sean. I usually turn mine off. I will do that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)